Oomis - One of Our Own. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oomis - One of Our Own.

So sorry to hear about your loss! It's devastating for all of us. Even those who dont know you personally.
Stay strong man.

Omar, my deepest condolences to your and your family.
Speedy recovery.
To everyone else, let me know if / how I can help.

Holy ****. Omar, I am very sorry to hear what's happened. Keep strong!

Will gladly pitch in if funds are needed.

Oomis posted this to Facebook, I've asked him if there's an email address that people could write to.

Please copy and paste this text if I've ****ed up privacy settings and it can't be shared. Almost exactly a week since the incident. Almost a week of unending pain. Of heartache that is just in the next room, banging away, scrunching through the walls, because I can’t bear to deal with it yet.
My medical staff have been for the most part wonderful, very compassionate and patient. It’s been hard to explain to every new person that comes on shift exactly how bad things are, and how much pain I’m in, and to see their eyes open wide as they finally get it.
And that is just my physical injuries
Today I got news that I have been searching for, since I got in. Which is somebody, anybody is going to take care of my medivac back home. As you can imagine insurance is very complicated. Everyday, the pain meds work a little bit better. Every day I can wiggle my fingers and toes a little bit better. Everyday my 4 hour pain cycle becomes a little more predictable.
I oscillate between despair, and anger. Knowing full well that It’s a person’s state of mind that is the best indicator of recovery in early days.
I’m also thinking a lot about riding, about all those people who told me how dangerous it was. Who gave me that look we have all seen when they find out I’m a father, husband and a rider.
Then I think about the smile on Linda’s face when she would get off her bike. How insistent she was that she come with me on this trip, and that no matter how cold,dirty or frustrated we were, riding was this thing that brought us together. I think about all of the joys that riding brought me over the years. Whether that was touring with other people or wandering through the Appalachians myself, learning to ride on the track or doing my own mechanical work on the bikes. Motorcycling has changed me; there is no getting around it. I don’t know if I’ll ever ride again. That is for future Omar to figure out, but right now I want to.
I also want to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who has reached out. It’s meant the world to me – it has honestly probably meant the world to me. Please keep reaching out I need you all, I need you all so very badly. Don’t let compassion fatigue become a thing. Don’t let me be that disabled friend you used to have. Stay with me, I need you. I’m sorry if I haven’t been able to directly get back to all of you. I’m trying. Up until an hour ago, I didn’t even know if I would be able to get back home.
Please continue to reach out to me. Please keep Linda in your thoughts. I will let everyone know as soon as I’m home.
With all my gratitude,

O

Oomis posted this to Facebook, I've asked him if there's an email address that people could write to.

Thanks for the updates. We are all pulling for Omar and it's good to see there is some progress (and his attitude is amazing considering the horror of the situation he finds himself in).

I don't check GTAM as often as I used to but saw this post and wow ... GWS to Oomis and RIP to his wife.

Also, if you can give us some details on the exchange he's had with his insurer so we can all go to our MPPs with some concrete info to show them and say "WTF!?!"

I've just given the information that I know of. Any future updates on legal etc will be in the Trans-Lab thread. Good idea on keeping this for good vibes only.

I am so incredibly sorry to hear of such tragic pain and loss. I am wishing you all the strength you will need to recover your body and soul.

My deepest condolences.

Good news!
Omar may be flying home today!
Will update when I have more information.

Good news!
Omar may be flying home today!
Will update when I have more information.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I hope coming home, to be surrounded by friends and family and familiarity gives him hope and energy and a measure of joy -- if only a little bit -- and a sense of relief that the future will be better than the "now."

Deepest condolences Omar, I cannot imagine what you are going through; you are a stronger man than most.

Hello Everyone...
I just finished a phone call with Omar (literally just hung up).
He fully understands the anger people have, and is completely overwhelmed by the amount of support he has been receiving.

He says that once the initial confusion and legal issues were somewhat sorted, things started to move along at a somewhat decent pace.

The transfer to Toronto still hasn't happened. He underwent another surgery today, and has, as of a few hours ago, been cleared for the medi-vac flight again. Hopefully tomorrow, or in the next couple of days.

Warmest regards, and thanks again for all the support.

I never met Omar, but finding this thread has sent shivers down my spine. Maybe because I'm a father now, or maybe because I also tour with the love of my life.

I'm so incredibly sorry to read this. My sincerest condolences for your loss, and best wishes to get you home to your family.

So sorry to hear/read this....Omar, I hope you make as much of a recovery as possible, and my deepest condolences for your wife. Although we can try to mitigate risk as best we can when out on 2 wheels, we can't control the inability of others on the road. It always sends a chill down my spine when I hear of events like this, where someone else crosses the centreline and either ends and/or changes the life of another in a split second.

What a terrible accident.
There isn't much that can be said that will make things better.
I hope Omar recovers.
Such accidents are often fatal in cars also. Just a terrible thing that happened.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family Omar. I hope this community's positive thoughts reach you when you need them most.

Back
Top Bottom