Oomis - One of Our Own. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oomis - One of Our Own.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences and hoping for a speedy recovery. :(

Speedy recovery for body & soul!

Incredibly saddened to hear.

A message from oomis on Facebook

I don't know how to do this.
I don't want to do this.
But there was a terrible crash, and Linda, the love of my life, was taken from me in an instant.
My body is broken, but I will eventually heal. Linda will never get that chance.
The doctors have done their best to stitch my legs back together, and to repair a horrible explosion in my elbow. With some luck, I can be transferred back to Toronto soon and for what will be a long recovery.
Arrangements will be made for a service for Linda as soon as I can get back to Toronto. Please understand that I can't respond to every outreach for information or requests to help. I know that we are in all your thoughts. Some people have agreed to act as point people for information and their names will be posted here shortly.
Linda was loved by many, respected by all and feared by some. We were doing nothing wrong. There was no reason for this to happen, the northbound driver just drifted into our southbound lane.
I miss her. I love her. She was my greatest champion, my biggest supporter and an endless well of enthusiasm for our spirit of adventure.
Linda would have laughed derisively had I expressed my feelings of responsibility for her on trips like these. This was something that she wanted to do and was angry at me for even considering doing such with out her.
I miss her. Her family misses her. Her children miss her.
I don't know how to end this post, so I will let it go until I have more information to share.
Please share this information because I don't know how far her influence really spread.
I'm so sorry.

A message from oomis on Facebook

Thank you for sharing CruisnGrrl

If there is anything the community can do, please let us know.

I'm still at a lost for words. I can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is unfortunate that many still don't learn the consequence of distracted driving.... my deepest condolences to you and your family Omar. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Hello Everyone.
I talked with Omar on the phone earlier today.
Someone has flown out and is bed side with him in St. John's, NFLD.
Doctors have been working hard at getting him back together. He's gone through several surgeries already, with more yet to come.
It looks as though the medical staff has been able to keep any chance of infection under control, and the chances of keeping his leg are much better than losing it.

Next step is getting him home. The insurance companies are resisting paying for the medical flight he needs to get back home and he is taking steps to remedy that as best he can. He wants to get back to his family and children and to Sunnybrook hospital where arrangements have already been made.

Linda, his wife, has been cremated, and will be brought home by her best friend, who is flying out shortly.

I'll be in touch with him again tomorrow evening and of course, forward him all the well wishes and good thoughts.

Hello Everyone.
Doctors have been working hard at getting him back together. He's gone through several surgeries already, with more yet to come.
It looks as though the medical staff has been able to keep any chance of infection under control, and the chances of keeping his leg are much better than losing it.

Next step is getting him home. The insurance companies are resisting paying for the medical flight he needs to get back home and he is taking steps to remedy that as best he can. He wants to get back to his family and children and to Sunnybrook hospital where arrangements have already been made.

Linda, his wife, has been cremated, and will be brought home by her best friend, who is flying out shortly.

I'll be in touch with him again tomorrow evening and of course, forward him all the well wishes and good thoughts.

Can we crowd-fund this to help?

He is considering this, and will let me know shortly.
Thanks so much for offering!!!
I don't know Omar well, I've only ridden with him once. But I love my wife and kids and can't even begin to imagine how his life has changed.
I have very little money but I'll gladly contribute whatever I can to bring him home where he belongs. I think he'll find that many others feel the same.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone.

Not sure this is the best forum for getting into the details and getting involved. It could get pretty acrimonious (towards insurance cos, health care, etc...) Could you post this in the Trans-Lab thread or start another one to keep the positive vibes in this section?

Also, if you can give us some details on the exchange he's had with his insurer so we can all go to our MPPs with some concrete info to show them and say "WTF!?!"

Thanks.

RIP Linda.
Condolences Omar, GWS.

Back
Top Bottom