Oomis - One of Our Own. | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oomis - One of Our Own.

I hope you're up & walking!

Not sure if Mr. Oomis is still watching this thread or not..
But, he's healing, having another bit of hospital work this week. With any luck this is the end of that chapter.

It has almost been almost 1 year to the day of the incident this whole terrible journey began.

So please, give him some space at this time - he needs it. I know I would for sure.

Thanks again for the update BED. We all wish the best for Omar and hearing he is making progress helps.

It's been over a year from the last update and wanted to check in on how things have progressed for Omar. Wishing him all the best.

Omar is doing well. He's out and about riding all over the place and somewhat back to himself again.
Physical/other injuries are still healing of course - will be a long time till all is kosher again.
He went on a week-long trip to the Tail of the Dragon this past August with my friends and I, and had a great time.
I'm sure he appreciates the concern greatly - he pokes his head in and around GTAM every once in a while.

Omar is doing well. He's out and about riding all over the place and somewhat back to himself again.
Physical/other injuries are still healing of course - will be a long time till all is kosher again.
He went on a week-long trip to the Tail of the Dragon this past August with my friends and I, and had a great time.
I'm sure he appreciates the concern greatly - he pokes his head in and around GTAM every once in a while.

What an amazing update, couldn't be happier to read this. Thank you. Please tell him I say hi, and am looking forward to meeting him on two wheels in the near future. Awesome.

Hola folks. I don't have the right words to express my gratitude for folks looking for an update. It really means a lot. BED is right, I do appreciate it.

I'm doing ok. My physical condition has stabilized, and yoga is helping. The pain is still a problem, but I'm managing it. It sucks, but I'm just getting a head start on what it feels like to be 80.

I am back on a bike, it's true, but I'll be honest; it's not the same. Not even close. This summer was supposed to be all about figuring out my relationship with the bike, and it was complicated. I went on a trip out to Colorado and Utah to camp and ride the big bike offroad, and it went poorly. A big adventure bike is enough of a handful at the best of times, and for some reason we chose some of the most difficult terrain. The riding was very difficult, and I just couldn't connect. Not with the bike, not with the landscape, not with my riding bud. And then in the middle of that trip, Linda's birthday happened and just wrecked me. I knew it was coming, I thought I'd be ok with it, but on the day all I wanted was to go home. So I did.

The Dragon trip was good. It really was, mostly because of the folks I was with. Great riders, very patient, which was good because my riding continued to suck. I came to realize that I have some issues on the road; namely I turn right much better than I turn left. It was in a left hand sweeper that the car crossed into our lane.

PTSD is a funny thing, I've come to understand. For me, the onset was very delayed; mostly because I was focussing on my physical recovery. Now that this has stabilized, it's like it appeared as soon as I had the time. So dealing with that's the next step.

I'm still not sure what my relationship is with motorcycles. I'm going to head back down to Colombia in December for another adventure tour, so we'll see how that goes.

Hola folks. I don't have the right words to express my gratitude for folks looking for an update. It really means a lot. BED is right, I do appreciate it.

I'm doing ok. My physical condition has stabilized, and yoga is helping. The pain is still a problem, but I'm managing it. It sucks, but I'm just getting a head start on what it feels like to be 80.

I am back on a bike, it's true, but I'll be honest; it's not the same. Not even close. This summer was supposed to be all about figuring out my relationship with the bike, and it was complicated. I went on a trip out to Colorado and Utah to camp and ride the big bike offroad, and it went poorly. A big adventure bike is enough of a handful at the best of times, and for some reason we chose some of the most difficult terrain. The riding was very difficult, and I just couldn't connect. Not with the bike, not with the landscape, not with my riding bud. And then in the middle of that trip, Linda's birthday happened and just wrecked me. I knew it was coming, I thought I'd be ok with it, but on the day all I wanted was to go home. So I did.

The Dragon trip was good. It really was, mostly because of the folks I was with. Great riders, very patient, which was good because my riding continued to suck. I came to realize that I have some issues on the road; namely I turn right much better than I turn left. It was in a left hand sweeper that the car crossed into our lane.

PTSD is a funny thing, I've come to understand. For me, the onset was very delayed; mostly because I was focussing on my physical recovery. Now that this has stabilized, it's like it appeared as soon as I had the time. So dealing with that's the next step.

I'm still not sure what my relationship is with motorcycles. I'm going to head back down to Colombia in December for another adventure tour, so we'll see how that goes.
Thanks for the update. We're all pulling for you.

So glad to hear from you. Most of us can't relate to what you're going through but the words you use to describe your thoughts are so articulate and compelling that it makes us feel like we're along the ride with you in way. Hang in there, a lot has happened and is happening. You've got time on your side so take things in strides as best you can. We're rooting for you! Looking forward to hearing about that Colombia trip in December.

Yesterday morning at sunrise, the family laid Linda’s ashes to rest at Bean Point on Anna Maria Island in Florida. It was one of her favourite places. Pandemic be damned, we drove down from the Great White North.

No ceremony. No words. Just the sunrise, the tears, the family and the complicated feelings that come with the transition from one thing to another.

She belongs to the world again.

In other news, there’s a turbo kit and a Yamaha Niken waiting for me in my garage when I get back.

Self-quarantine is going to be very productive.

Back
Top Bottom