Oomis - One of Our Own. - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Oomis - One of Our Own.

Re: Oomis - One of Our Own.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    Well ****, details peeps. Can't leave us all hanging like this!
    Well I'm sure you're well aware of Oomis' situation. Mine was basically a minor mishap last year. Lost focus for a minute, got caught out and basically road through a corner into a Muskoka ditch. No injury except pride, bike had a couple scratches but nothing to worry about.
    Like Brian P said, no harm no foul I guess.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?", too many people take it as a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    No harm no foul
    Like.

I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?", too many people take it as a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Well I'm sure you're well aware of Oomis' situation. Mine was basically a minor mishap last year. Lost focus for a minute, got caught out and basically road through a corner into a Muskoka ditch. No injury except pride, bike had a couple scratches but nothing to worry about.
    Like Brian P said, no harm no foul I guess.

Whoops Pride over bones any day.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    Whoops Pride over bones any day.
    Hell yes.

Hey Omar, glad to see that you've decided to ride again.
    Hopefully see you on the roads when the snow is gone.

want people to ride with?

www.meetup.com/Sportbike-Riders

2007 GSX-R 750
    2008 TE450
    2013 Fazer 8

muskoka has ditches? I only saw lakes...or possibly swamps

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa View Post
    muskoka has ditches? I only saw lakes...or possibly swamps
    Yep. Lined with really big rocks. And trees, knocked one over on the way through.

Well, what do they say about the best laid plans?

My flight to Miami for a much needed week in the sun was supposed to leave on Sunday morning. Wednesday and Thursday I wasn't feeling well, but chalked it up to exhaustion because of my workout schedule. Friday morning I get up, still not feeling well, and drive up to rehab to see my occupational and physio therapists. On the way, I develop a shiver I can't shake.

The nurse there examined me, saw that my leg was inflamed and set me straight to the hospital. 12 hours later, I'm in a bed with antibiotics dripping through an IV. There's no way I'm going to Florida.

Yesterday I went to the OR where my orthopedic surgeon opened up the leg to find a large collection of puss, which they were able to drain. The good news is that the infection seems superficial. The bad news is that the tip of the nail that runs the length of my tibia was exposed to the infection, and so it has to be removed and replaced. Chances are good that any parts of the bone graft that aren't solid yet are going to be removed along with it, which is a setback.

I'm scheduled for my next procedure on Wednesday or before.
    Spotwalla link for Lemonade Tour 2014: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b962f84c5c7

Past: 03 Suzuki Volusia, 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 98 Suzuki TL1000R, 04 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, 13 BMW R1200GS LC.
    Present: 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, 08 Yamaha FZ1, SV650 track bike, 18 R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogDarren View Post
    You should all be more like me, a sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by oomis View Post
    Well, what do they say about the best laid plans?..
    Sorry to hear about the setback, hopefully things mend quickly and you'll be back on track.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."