borrow front stand | GTAMotorcycle.com

borrow front stand

gamer486

anyone near the markham and sheppard area have a front stand i could borrow? Would just need for 2 days. Need it to get front tire changed on my ninja. I can/will pick up and drop it back off.

anyone near the markham and sheppard area have a front stand i could borrow? Would just need for 2 days. Need it to get front tire changed on my ninja. I can/will pick up and drop it back off.

Why not buy one? Only plan to change the tire once? Even "on the bike" tire change is only $40.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tire change "on the bike" is about 200 + tax. a friend of mine works at a bike shop, and is willing to swap the tires for me in his spare time as long as i can get the wheels off to him. I also dont ride enough to need multiple tire changes so i cant justify the cost of buying a front stand.

Why not buy one? Only plan to change the tire once? Even "on the bike" tire change is only $40.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure where or who is doing it for 40$ on the bike?

As for the OP, stands are super useful, oil changes, tire changes, winter storage, just get some on kijiji if thats the case: from like $40/stand, $70-120 for a pair.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/markham-york-region/motorcycle-stands-front-and-rear/1287726119?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-...ds/1287122810?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

for about 120 bucks you can get front and rear stands, and probably delivered to your door from KapscoMoto, and not only can you use them for tire changes but you can get your bikes tires off the ground when storing for the winter, this will help in extending the life of your tires, and thus have even fewer tire changes possibly....

i've had my bike for about 2 years now. I've also had a rear stand for about 2 years now. currently unemployed living the bum life, so I cant justify buying a front stand.

There's a easy solution to your problem, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got an address for their shop?
No response from an e-mail or phone call.
http://www.mikeymoto.ca/services

Might be appointment only.

8cb8c651e58572ba75768425cb08fe62.jpg

I did see that address but StreetView has it as a residence.
Another site member figures he might be at Mosport.

Used him before.

Works out of his (home) garage. Gets the tire job done.

You get what you pay for I guess. When I picked up my rear tire I noticed the yellow dot was on the opposite side of the valve stem and my old weights were there. I'll be taking my tires to my regular shop and paying the extra.

You get what you pay for I guess. When I picked up my rear tire I noticed the yellow dot was on the opposite side of the valve stem and my old weights were there. I'll be taking my tires to my regular shop and paying the extra.

does your tire have a red dot? Is that aligned with the valve stem? If it is, the mount/balance was done correctly.

does your tire have a red dot? Is that aligned with the valve stem? If it is, the mount/balance was done correctly.

All of my tires have been a yellow dot on the left side and positioned above the stem as normal. It's a small detail but enough for me to not use him again.

I've had my tires changed by Mikey Moto on several occasions and have been very satisfied with his workmanship. He is an honest and forthright mechanic. Yes, he works out of his home garage and is by appointment only. As pointed out, if the tire is oriented so the direction arrows are correct for the rotation and the indicator is opposite the valve stem then the tire is correctly positioned. It is possible that the tire balanced correctly after the change with the previous weights in place. I personally have never experienced negligence on his part.

On some tires the dot is on the heavy side, some tires the dot is on the light side... which one do you have.
Tires are so well built these days the dot is kinda academic.

There is no real way to dynamic balance the rear wheel assembly. The parts, wheel and chain, rotate at different rates.
I would be more worried if he tried to balance it.
I static balance the wheel (without a tire), and install weights, when I build the wheel, then leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom