BMW Motorrad Sponsoring CSBK @ Mosport/CTMP??? Aug 18-20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW Motorrad Sponsoring CSBK @ Mosport/CTMP??? Aug 18-20

burg226

Anyone have any info on BMW running their Motorrad Days event at the CSBK Mosport Rounds this year? (Aug 18-20, 2017)

It's a week away and i can't find any info anywhere!!!

Always loved the demo rides, demo cars, concerts and food. Great events they put together at an incredible price. It would be a serious shame and huge loss for everyone including CSBK if they didn't join the event this year.

Any info or links would be appreciated. See you there regardless!!!

It's not being held at Mosport....

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for your note and support of BMW Motorrad. Our Summerfest is on hiatus for 2017. I encourage you to check back next year.

Kind Regards, Kevin

-----------------------------
BMW Group Canada
Kevin Marcotte
National Manager, BMW M, BMW i, 6 & 7 Series
50 Ultimate Drive
Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 0C8
Tel: (905) 428-5640
Cell: (416) 464-4542

Now that is truly sad.........next it will be Honda and Suzuki pulling out with no demo rides!!!

Hopefully Kawasaki makes up for everything with running the H2R for a couple laps like they did in 2015 before the 300 series races!!!!!!

This sucks. When BMW decides its dollars are better spent elsewhere it leads to others thinking the same thing. They must realize (or believe) that the audience partaking in the test rides aren't actually buying bikes because of it. It's too bad as racing in Canada (and US) needs more money and more involvement not less. You'd think with their bike (and Szoke) crushing the series they'd want representation at the race but I guess not. They have to be dropping $50k at the event easy. You have to sell a lot of extra bikes to justify that.

Now that is truly sad.........next it will be Honda and Suzuki pulling out with no demo rides!!!!

Seems we are already half way there. Was there today and I didn't see any suzuki rides leaving, only the honda group. maybe they were there and i missed it?.. also a serious lack of vendors and entertainment not just the BMW folks that decided not to show up. The grids were decent sized and some good racing but overall i must admit i was somewhat disappointed from a spectators point of view for the 1st time. On a somewhat related note the actual CTMP employees seemed a bit unorganized compared to the past as well, constantly unable to make proper change causing bottlenecks at the gate on the way in and out etc.

Last edited:
The biggest and deepest racing field we have seen in some years, but very little for the casual fan to do outside of spectating. The loss of the BMW Motorrad days definitely hurt the overall weekend experience, and the spectator attendance was certainly down compared to previous years.

I'm going to call it like I saw it...

I've been going to Mosport for over ten years straight and in regards to the BMW Motorrad days I pretty much have mixed feelings in what they were doing.

I liked the price at 55$ free camping and goodies at the door. However money spent at the event by BMW was wasted for the most part. The problems were the same year after year. The food served on Saturday night was a mess at best. Some years just slop on a plate. Others long lines and no good choices. Honestly hamburgers would have been a better and quicker and cheaper idea. The vender trucks last year was a 2 hour wait in line for rubbish food.
The bands on Saturday night didn't seem to entertain the folks that showed up to watch. Middle aged race fans would prob rather listen to Country and Western vs Holerado and My darkest days....I liked the music but I don't think many others did. Not sure the cost for the bands but money not spent wisely IMO.
BMW bike test rides was fine. But the rest of the pavilion they set up wasn't very interesting. BMW doesnt have that much stuff to buy other than cars and bikes. The jackets and hats they had just isn't going to entertain very much. And lets call it like it is - The mosport race fan probably isn't rocking an M3 at home...not many anyways.

The stunt guy was good. Like always. But after watching it twice a year for a decade it got old for me. New fans prob liked it though.

I think more money needs to be spent on dare I say it - advertising - as I'm sure that average Joe spectators don't even know this event is taking place.

I'm sad to see BMW go as a sponsor as I used their ticket deal every year. But I'm not surprised in the slightest. The returns they were getting must have been zilch.

I think more money needs to be spent on dare I say it - advertising - as I'm sure that average Joe spectators don't even know this event is taking place.

I'm sad to see BMW go as a sponsor as I used their ticket deal every year. But I'm not surprised in the slightest. The returns they were getting must have been zilch.

Agreed but the problem is what experience you will be advertising for. With effectively no off track activities other than honda rides and a couple guys doing FMX jumps you have to sell only the racing. don't get me wrong it's great or i wouldn't be going every year but with an average of 3-4 hours actual race time per day and assuming you can see maybe 10-20% of the track from most vantage points you don't really get to see much for the 60$ plus camping etc. they are charging now.
Maybe BMW wasn't getting returns and it only made sense for them to pull out but the organizers should have filled that gap appropriately even if they had to do it on their dime. Advertise all they want if people get bored once they get there and drop 60$ plus fuel they will likely never be back. I know the amount of money in the sport is limited but you have to spend money to make money.

Back
Top Bottom