Group of Motorcyclists wanted... | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group of Motorcyclists wanted...

Re: Well, this will help the motorcycle image in Toronto!

It is probably a "get back whip". And it is probably attached to the front brake lever, not the handlebar; I kid you not.

edit: looks like this one is attached to the handlebar instead of the lever, but most of them I've seen in photos are on the brake lever itself.

That's an interesting history lesson

It is probably a "get back whip". And it is probably attached to the front brake lever, not the handlebar; I kid you not.

edit: looks like this one is attached to the handlebar instead of the lever, but most of them I've seen in photos are on the brake lever itself.
I.. I kinda want one actually.

Wonder if insurance will go up on kawis?

Wouldn't doubt this.... Hopefully it will only effect SuperSports... The general public typically sees all sportbikes as the same, but with the recent news release, it seems the "ninja" will be the bigger target.

Went in to get a teeth cleaning at a new office and showed up wearing a jacket and helmet in hand. First thing the dental hygienist asks me is "Do you ride a ninja?", I answered "Yes...", and she responds with "Are the cops looking for you?".

I think if my answer wasn't "No, those guys are aholes and I hope they they get caught" it would've been a rough time having knives in my mouth the next 45 mins.

Ninja, the new N-word.

This seems like the appropriate place to post this:

Canada Motoguide is looking to interview one of the riders involved in this, in order to get the other side of the story. I have been told to relay that it would be completely anonymous. I can provide contact information via private message.

Canada Motoguide is looking to interview one of the riders involved in this, in order to get the other side of the story. I have been told to relay that it would be completely anonymous. I can provide contact information via private message.
What on earth could be the other side of the story?

Someone on GTAM said they were a part of the ride (but not an organiser). Can't remember who (or what thread it was in, maybe this one?).

Someone on GTAM said they were a part of the ride (but not an organiser). Can't remember who (or what thread it was in, maybe this one?).

I would rather passively request, than actively pursue. The person has to be comfortable doing it.

What on earth could be the other side of the story?

Oh, I'm sure a good portion of that crowd feel like they are all being crucified for no good reason.

I always laugh when I see those...because nowadays nobody is making them, they're just buying them, and what they're buying are basically these, right from a tack shop.

Cody-in-Cross-Ties-e1463250672118-700x375.jpg

People are paying $50-$100 for these silly things when you can go to any tack store and pickup more or less the same thing (and they come in all sorts of different designs and colours) for about $10-$15. Tie a knot it it or put a ball on the end (whatever makes you feel tougher, I guess?) and away you go, you too can have a "get back whip".

yeah...but does it have HD branding???? That alone is worth $80.

lmfao!!! :lmao:

Just got back from the farm supply store.

Anyone have any stitch-on HD logos they want to sell?

LOL

Sure, how many do you want? $80 each. :)

Well geez, I'll have to jack up the price on these things to $150 each now.

Oh, wait.

How many do you have? :D

I would rather passively request, than actively pursue. The person has to be comfortable doing it.

Members of Idiots Anonymous tend not to speak outside of meetings in the church basement.

Think I witnessed some fallout from this earlier this week, I when I was at the Kawisaki dealer at 7 and Lakeridge. An OPP cruiser (little out of their normal area) waited for the owner of a Yami (R6 maybe didn't get a good look) to talk about his tucked plate orr it was just one of his buddies did not hear the convo with my helmet on.

Think I witnessed some fallout from this earlier this week, I when I was at the Kawisaki dealer at 7 and Lakeridge. An OPP cruiser (little out of their normal area) waited for the owner of a Yami (R6 maybe didn't get a good look) to talk about his tucked plate orr it was just one of his buddies did not hear the convo with my helmet on.

Everybody with non-stock plates should expect conversations with the fuzz after these idiot rides.

I guess the ride served its purpose, they wanted people to pay attention to bikes. Now cops are. :/ :agave:

Last edited:

Funny, this week I saw an OPP SUV do the same thing to a Kawi in Burlington yesterday

Back
Top Bottom