Group of Motorcyclists wanted... | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group of Motorcyclists wanted...

Re: Well, this will help the motorcycle image in Toronto!

If they're serious about this, they'll already be making arrangements to infiltrate.

I know several officers in multiple districts. The "arrangements" have already been made and are underway.

anyways I will retract my statement condoning the behavior because honestly I don't want it affecting me in the future and getting pulled over for no reason. I even have my plate mounted on factory fender, no tail tidy or tucked under seat or any shady spot. all I wanted to say was the media blew the whole thing out of proportion when it was just a silly in the moment kinda thing that happened.

And it's not just undue attention from the cops, sometimes the public takes matters into their own hands. Did you see the link a couple of pages back where riders were sprayed in the face with RAID yesterday by an enraged resident after ongoing motorcycle hooliganism in St John's? Or the thread a couple of weeks ago where a rider was clotheslined by a wire strung across a path to deter trespassers on private property?

Someone needs to start a ride where 100s of riders do some kind of community service like clean up litter off the highway or something. Maybe that will improve the motorcyclist image. Maybe people wouldn't be afraid of showing their plates at a ride like this.

油井緋色;2518268 said:
Something naked. No more supersports on the road. My Italian shitbox needs to sell first though...(do you want it? lol)
My Italian $#!+box is obvs something different

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Taken from another thread but completely applicable here.
Lolz
Well played
**slow clap** ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Someone needs to start a ride where 100s of riders do some kind of community service like clean up litter off the highway or something. Maybe that will improve the motorcyclist image. Maybe people wouldn't be afraid of showing their plates at a ride like this.

The bad rep of bikers is the reason they started the Ride For Site campaign that has been a roaring success. Bikers have since become involved in many other charities. Sport bikers on the other hand, being a segregated and disdainful lot, tend to abstain.

The bad rep of bikers is the reason they started the Ride For Site campaign that has been a roaring success. Bikers have since become involved in many other charities. Sport bikers on the other hand, being a segregated and disdainful lot, tend to abstain.

I certainly hope that this was just a bad attempt at sarcastic humour and not your true belief. If we are going to generalize, I would suspect the reason that you find less sport bikes at motorcycle charity events is because most motorcycle charity events tend to involve everything but riding. Sure there may be a slow parade of bikes as 1 part of the event, but that's more about getting out there and being seen. Personally, I couldn't think of any more painful form of riding than that. I, as well as most sport or sportish bike riders, ride for the enjoyment of riding. You know, working a nice line through a series of curves, the acceleration coming out of a corner, that kinda thing. And if you think that makes sport bike riders disdainful and less likely to contribute to charities in ways other than through their riding, then you truly have a narrow view of a large segment of riders.

So if you want to organize a charity event that's actually about riding, say track day laps for a charity, post it on GTAM and see what kinda response you get. Until then, go back to your Timmies parking lot and keep complaining to other parked bikers about just how bad those people who actually ride really are.

Heh, Port Dover and Charity Events involve traffic and sloooooow riding in a parade.. with lots of revving etc etc. Not my scene.. I'm out in the countryside riding.. these events are great though, to get some of the traffic away from the roads I'll be riding. ;)

Also, In My Opinion in Nth America (Canada), Motorcycling is more of a sport, pastime or luxury.. not really an everyday means of transport year round. There's different views and attitudes to motorcyclists. The stereotypes in all types of riders is much more prevalent here, and the general public's perception matches this. I never heard the term "Crotch rocket" or "Donor Bike" until I came here, as a reference to Sports Bikes. It probaby came from the general public's perception from the way sports bikes tend to be seen ridden here.. where Cruisers are for going slow.

Last edited:

Sport bikers on the other hand, being a segregated and disdainful lot, tend to abstain.

Careful with that bucket you're lumping everyone into.

There are immature, childish, inexperienced, and disdainful riders on all sorts of bikes. Yes, the sportbike crowd does tend to statistically collect a good majority of the immature and inexperienced crowd, but that doesn't mean everyone should get painted with the same brush.

It's the same as how not every cruiser guy never rides past the nearest Tim Hortons and averages 500KM a season, or how every Metric guy "Just can't afford a Harley". And I've met my fair share of immature douchnozzles on cruisers as well.

Thats ok slimjim, keep breaking laws, when the OPP is done with you, you gonna be getting conjugal visits from Tyrone and big Abdullah

Sigh, it used to be big ol' Bubba. Diversity has finally arrived in the prison sexual assault reference. Thank True-Dough. *wink*

I know several officers in multiple districts. The "arrangements" have already been made and are underway.

looks like they are keeping it on the DL lol

I certainly hope that this was just a bad attempt at sarcastic humour and not your true belief. If we are going to generalize, I would suspect the reason that you find less sport bikes at motorcycle charity events is because most motorcycle charity events tend to involve everything but riding. Sure there may be a slow parade of bikes as 1 part of the event, but that's more about getting out there and being seen. Personally, I couldn't think of any more painful form of riding than that. I, as well as most sport or sportish bike riders, ride for the enjoyment of riding. You know, working a nice line through a series of curves, the acceleration coming out of a corner, that kinda thing. And if you think that makes sport bike riders disdainful and less likely to contribute to charities in ways other than through their riding, then you truly have a narrow view of a large segment of riders.

So if you want to organize a charity event that's actually about riding, say track day laps for a charity, post it on GTAM and see what kinda response you get. Until then, go back to your Timmies parking lot and keep complaining to other parked bikers about just how bad those people who actually ride really are.

LOL. I knew this would throw a few noses out of joint. But the truth is all over your answer. You would rather be riding than sacrifice an afternoon cavorting with a bunch of Tim Hortons eating, slow-riding, frumpy old dudes out to help the disadvantaged. That's great for you, but not for the charity, especially if the goal is to improve your image. Go ahead, blast a few curves, rip down those country roads, pop wheelies on the 401, but don't complain when people say you've done nothing to improve the public's perception of you.

Heh, Port Dover and Charity Events involve traffic and sloooooow riding in a parade.. with lots of revving etc etc. Not my scene.. I'm out in the countryside riding.. these events are great though, to get some of the traffic away from the roads I'll be riding. ;)

Also, In My Opinion in Nth America (Canada), Motorcycling is more of a sport, pastime or luxury.. not really an everyday means of transport year round. There's different views and attitudes to motorcyclists. The stereotypes in all types of riders is much more prevalent here, and the general public's perception matches this. I never heard the term "Crotch rocket" or "Donor Bike" until I came here, as a reference to Sports Bikes. It probaby came from the general public's perception from the way sports bikes tend to be seen ridden here.. where Cruisers are for going slow.

The reality is that before the Ride for Site it was Harley riders (we were all young back then) who were getting the bad rap circa 1979. Motorcycles were being banned from a lot of places. Motorcycle clubs and gatherings were a lot more rowdy and uncontrolled. The law was coming down on everyone so something had to be done to counter the press image of us as drug-crazed bar-fighting outlaws. So it started with toy-runs for kids, then the Biker's Rights Organization of Canada (which was across Canada at the time) picked Retinitis Pigmentosa as a charity and called it The Ride for Site. That was so successful and became so important for research into the disease that other charities took notice and asked for events in their name. There are sport bike owners involved and they show up at these events. But if you want to salvage the image of SS riders specifically - and it's clear that image is suffering right now - pick a charity, or a cause and support it with an event. If you're one of those guys who says "meh, that's not my scene" or "I'm not into it" or "I can't be bothered" then that pretty much says you don't care. But apathy, complacency and laziness pays zero dividends.

If you pick 100 random people off the street, how many of them even recognize what "Ride for Sight" means?

I have my doubts that the average person who isn't involved, pays much attention.

FWIW there is a charity food drive together with VRRA roadracing events. I doubt if the average person who isn't involved, knows about that, either.

If you pick 100 random people off the street, how many of them even recognize what "Ride for Sight" means?

I have my doubts that the average person who isn't involved, pays much attention.

FWIW there is a charity food drive together with VRRA roadracing events. I doubt if the average person who isn't involved, knows about that, either.

A random person could probably at least figure out that its Ride for Sight rather than Ride for Site.

Heard on the radio there was a bunch of arrests/charges today related to this.

Good. Dumbasses.

Back
Top Bottom