Best Cruiser <751cc | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Cruiser <751cc

Check out the shadow RS...750cc cruiser...with a sporty look. Wife bought one 2yrs ago and loves it...
I love that bike in the red white and blue paint.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Actually many insurance companies wont insure new riders on any bike more than 700-750ccs. I know first hand Aviva being one.

I'm with Aviva. I'm not a new rider from an experience standpoint, but because of stupidy on my behalf I didn't maintain my M licence (long story), so I had to start all over again in 2015 when I came back to riding after a two decade absence.

Long story short, because of that, in the eyes of insurance companies, I was basically a brand new rider all over again.

And Aviva (via Dalton Timmis) gladly insured me on my VTX1300 for just a little over $500/year

So yeah, not the case.

My wife just got her M2 last spring and rides a Vstar 650 now and hers is only about $50/year less than me - she could get a big bore cruiser like myself now and hers would be about the same.

Mykoo, your issue is the fact you haven't called around enough. Explore other options vs just Allstate.

Last edited:
Knowing I wanted a cruiser and after seeing that riding schools were using the verago 250 , I decided that would be my first bike. I knew it would only be for my first year and so bought a used one. Granted it was no super powerful bike but could move me around at 80 KMH no problem which was sufficient for my back road riding. Next season I sold it for same as I paid and moved up to my M50.

attachment.php

Honda phantoms can be found for great prices used with low mileage (check outside ON). A fun relaxed cruiser ride and super reliable. This one has V&H short shots (get the quiet baffles, it's still quite loud), cobra FI tuner and powerflo intake. It also has the Honda custom seat option, 4 inch forward controls, windshield and saddle bags.

I'm with Aviva. I'm not a new rider from an experience standpoint, but because of stupidy on my behalf I didn't maintain my M licence (long story), so I had to start all over again in 2015 when I came back to riding after a two decade absence.

Long story short, because of that, in the eyes of insurance companies, I was basically a brand new rider all over again.

And Aviva (via Dalton Timmis) gladly insured me on my VTX1300 for just a little over $500/year

So yeah, not the case.

My wife just got her M2 last spring and rides a Vstar 650 now and hers is only about $50/year less than me - she could get a big bore cruiser like myself now and hers would be about the same.

Mykoo, your issue is the fact you haven't called around enough. Explore other options vs just Allstate.

Another thing to question is what's your age man? I'm almost 22, so a lot of the factoring in my high insurance revolves around that. It's not that I'm a new unexperienced rider, it's that a lot of companies see me as a "punk kid on a bike"

I'm in my 40s so I don't doubt that you are correct, however keep in mind that some primarily automotive related insurers have a little understanding of the motorcycle industry, so they often tend to paint things with a broad brush, i.e. the 750cc limitation for cruisers.

Insurance companies that specializes in underwriting motorcycles on the flipside understand things a lot better and accordingly tend to be much more realistic.

On that front, have you tried calling Dalton Timmis?

I'm in my 40s so I don't doubt that you are correct, however keep in mind that some primarily automotive related insurers have a little understanding of the motorcycle industry, so they often tend to paint things with a broad brush, i.e. the 750cc limitation for cruisers.

Insurance companies that specializes in underwriting motorcycles on the flipside understand things a lot better and accordingly tend to be much more realistic.

On that front, have you tried calling Dalton Timmis?

I have spoken so far with Riders First, Allstate and Cooperators and they've all given me the same lecture. Do you have a specific agent within Dalton Timmis you use?

I have spoken so far with Riders First, Allstate and Cooperators and they've all given me the same lecture. Do you have a specific agent within Dalton Timmis you use?

I was with Riders Plus on my VTX1300 before I moved to Dalton, so it must have something to do with your age more than anything else - they most certainly will insure big bore cruisers for new riders.

Regardless, I'm very happy with Dalton Timmis - the agent that helped me out (and is quite knowledgeable about bikes) was Andy Singh - ask for him.

I was with Riders Plus on my VTX1300 before I moved to Dalton, so it must have something to do with your age more than anything else - they most certainly will insure big bore cruisers for new riders.

Regardless, I'm very happy with Dalton Timmis - the agent that helped me out (and is quite knowledgeable about bikes) was Andy Singh - ask for him.

Thanks for all the suggestions man, I'll give them a call and see what they say! Can't wait to be on two wheels

My first bike was a Shadow VLX 600. I loved it. Enough power to ride on the highway, and a really low seat height. It has a good base look and you can bobb them pretty easy if that's your style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no idea why this wasn't mentioned yet but Magna 750, too much chrome stock IMO but that can be remedied if you're inclined.
probably the quickest <751cc cruiser there is, will dust a lot of bigger bikes.

My first bike was a Shadow VLX 600. I loved it. Enough power to ride on the highway, and a really low seat height. It has a good base look and you can bobb them pretty easy if that's your style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are welcome to come by and have a seat on the Shadow to see how you like the feel of it.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Back
Top Bottom