Best Cruiser <751cc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Cruiser <751cc

Mykoo

Hey guys!

So speaking with insurance brokers has made me realize the smarter decision for a younger beginning rider is to start on a sub 751cc cruiser for the best rates. Still leaves room for tons of power and fun, while also being manageable. So my question to y'all

What's your favourite Cruiser under 751cc????

Imo the vulcan, its got the ninja 650 engine, so you'll have some power

Cruisers arent built like regular bikes, a smaller cruiser isnt much if your expecting "tons of power"

the only cruiser with balls i found was an 1800cc harley(for full disclosure i haven't ridden metrics)

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

As a new rider, find the one that fits you the best. There won't be magical differences between the power or handling. Consider Hyosung only if it is dirt cheap (hard to resell later). Personally I would avoid the <500 cc cruisers unless you are really small as gutless doesn't begin to describe them. 500 to 750 leaves you a lot of choices to find one that fits you.

I'm really leaning towards the new H-D Street 750. But Iv also found Shadows and Boulevard S40s that I really liked

I'm really leaning towards the new H-D Street 750. But Iv also found Shadows and Boulevard S40s that I really liked

I would not buy a new bike as a first bike (especially one that is quite expensive). There is a depreciation hit and huge drop in value if you scratch it up (tip overs at low speed are common with new riders). I would find something cheap and reliable (probably <10yo metric bike) and ride that for a few years. Use your experiences riding that one to finetune what you want in the next bike.

dont know your financial situation , the HD 750 is pretty nice but there are a ton of fairly low mileage 600/750 shadows around and they are pretty decent and reliable.

what makes a ton of power depends on what you've been riding. If your new a 250 cruiser feels like your going someplace. Several decades in and had a bit of saddle time you'll be different.

Shadow is a great bike, I personally have a shadow phantom and love it. Power mods are available, as well as a ton of accessories. It rides great, depending on your height riding position is very comfortable aside from the stock seat discomfort. Seat height is very low, the look is bad *** outlaw style. Definitely not too much bike for a new rider, but still has plenty of giddyup.

Recommended accessories if purchased new would be intake, exhaust, and fuel module from Cobra and a Mustang seat. Honda has easy financing with low rates, and they let you roll your dealer accessories into the monthly payment. I only did the exhaust when I got mine, wish I did the rest at the same time.

Where are you from?

Last edited:
Shadow is a great bike, I personally have a shadow phantom and love it. Power mods are available, as well as a ton of accessories. It rides great, depending on your height riding position is very comfortable aside from the stock seat discomfort. Seat height is very low, the look is bad *** outlaw style. Definitely not too much bike for a new rider, but still has plenty of giddyup.

Recommended accessories if purchased new would be intake, exhaust, and fuel module from Cobra and a Mustang seat. Honda has easy financing with low rates, and they let you roll your dealer accessories into the monthly payment. I only did the exhaust when I got mine, wish I did the rest at the same time.

Where are you from?

Hey man, yea the shadow phantom has definitely caught my eye. I'm really keen on the sportster kinda look and the flat black on the phantom and street 750 are really pleasing to me. Seeing as a sport bike has always been my dream but as a 22yo rider, that's kinda outta my insurance range for the time being. I'm around the Newmarket area, and super excited to be riding!

My vote goes for a Shadow obvs. But a Vulcan will feel a little more peppy.
HD is nice, but I will always recommend going used.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Suzuki S40 is a nice first bike for around town. It has plenty of low end power but you will find it very difficult to get it up to speed to be able to pass anyone.

The best cruiser under 750cc is the one that is
1. Comfortable for you
2. Looks good

Sorry but none of them are going to be very quick. Good news there is they all are pretty low stress powertrains so I would expect them all to be reliable. Go sit on some bikes and see what you like.

and you can afford the insurance and principal payments on.

If you are a new rider ...might be a short list.

With the right insurance company/broker, if you have your M2 and the training course under your belt there shouldn't be a massive price difference for insurance between the 750 and 1100-1300cc cruiser market.

The biggest difference will be your ability to safely handle the bigger bike, however. Yes, a 1100+ will weigh a lot more than a 650/750 and won't handle the same, and accordingly it will take more skills to operate...so in the end starting on a smaller, lighter, more nimble bike is never a bad idea regardless of the fact it won't necessarilly save you a lot in insurance. Just sayin'.

There's tons of options in the 750 metric cruiser market so don't be afraid to consider a variety of bikes before settling on one - yes, the one that you like and feel comfortable on is the one you should buy.

As for a Harley for your first bike....lots of arguments to be made against that, including insurance costs (higher theft target, and if you finance it you'll need to carry FULL insurance instead of just liability..more $$), and also if you do drop it and damage it, well, it'll cost you a lot more to repair and potentially depreciate it's resale value.

I would recommend starting with a well used (and cheap) metric to begin with and step up from there as you get more experience, in both value and required skill.

A good used Honda shadow would be the best bet.

Check out the shadow RS...750cc cruiser...with a sporty look. Wife bought one 2yrs ago and loves it...

With the right insurance company/broker, if you have your M2 and the training course under your belt there shouldn't be a massive price difference for insurance between the 750 and 1100-1300cc cruiser market.

The biggest difference will be your ability to safely handle the bigger bike, however. Yes, a 1100+ will weigh a lot more than a 650/750 and won't handle the same, and accordingly it will take more skills to operate...so in the end starting on a smaller, lighter, more nimble bike is never a bad idea regardless of the fact it won't necessarilly save you a lot in insurance. Just sayin'.

There's tons of options in the 750 metric cruiser market so don't be afraid to consider a variety of bikes before settling on one - yes, the one that you like and feel comfortable on is the one you should buy.

As for a Harley for your first bike....lots of arguments to be made against that, including insurance costs (higher theft target, and if you finance it you'll need to carry FULL insurance instead of just liability..more $$), and also if you do drop it and damage it, well, it'll cost you a lot more to repair and potentially depreciate it's resale value.

I would recommend starting with a well used (and cheap) metric to begin with and step up from there as you get more experience, in both value and required skill.

Actually many insurance companies wont insure new riders on any bike more than 700-750ccs. I know first hand Aviva being one.

That is just aviva, others will insure ya, they'll just charge you for it

Best Cruiser &lt;751cc

Allstate told me anything over 751cc would be a nightmare to insure for me, while in that sub 751 range, it'd be 1-2k/yr

Re: Best Cruiser &lt;751cc

If you're short/slim - Suzuki S40. Bigger - Kawasaki Vulcan 500.

Can find both on kijiji for reasonable prices. Either will work well for city driving, even keeping up at typical highway speeds. Ride for a couple of years, then can re-sell with not as much loss as a newer/bigger bike may incur. Also much less financial risk should the bike be dropped.

Back
Top Bottom