183 in a 70. Another big ticket in Markham. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

183 in a 70. Another big ticket in Markham.

Can someone clarify;

if I get pulled over doing 120 in a 50 would I get the same punishment if I did 150 in a 50? 50 over counts as a stunt driving charge but do you get punished the same if that becomes 80 or 100+ over?

I know what you're trying to say but you're vastly understating how fast you get up 183. Don't know the area but 70km/h suggests to me a straight clear section of road. Not saying it was a good idea, but it's easy enough to do that getting caught for that would still be a big leap to running from the police. Anyone know what the HTA 172 conviction rate is these days?

Ninth Line looking north towards Elgin Mills
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.9229...5Fv9tkg3-F_5KKjxvIEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

So this cop pinpointed such a fast-moving small target to clock him at 183 km/h? He should be a sniper in the army, I find it hard to believe..

What exactly would have been doing 183km/h alternately that the radar/laser might have picked up "by accident' as you seem to be suggesting? A bird?

C'mon....

Last edited:
What exactly would have been doing 183km/h alternately that the radar/laser might have picked up "by accident' as you seem to be suggesting? A bird?

C'mon....

Well have you seen how fast the ravens are in Game of Thrones?!?!? lol

^ hahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Not directly related to Ali above, but no need for a new thread for the same discussion.

From yorkregion.com
A 23-year-old Vaughan man was charged after driving twice the speed limit on his motorcycle.

A York Regional Police officer on patrol on Oct. 1 spotted the motorcyclist at around 3:30 p.m. on Bloomington Road. The vehicle was travelling at 155 km/h in an 80-km/h zone, according to police. Soon after, the vehicle turned northbound on McCowan Road and reached a speed of 172 km/h in a 60 zone.

The officer stopped the vehicle safely and the motorcycle was impounded for seven days, York police said in a news release.

The 23-year-old is charged with stunt driving and speeding.

York Regional Police remind residents that excessive speed is one of the greatest contributing factors to fatal collisions on York Region roads.

CP24 headline this morning. guy was clocked doing 143 in a 60 in Flesherton, (cager). It said he had a 140 km taxi ride to get back to Toronto...lmao

Rookies
Many years ago a member on here posted his abstract, 265 in a 100 hahahah
Many years ago when I was 18 I had a zx7r. Got clocked on the way to Turkey Point at 265 in an 80. I stopped and the cop gave me a 20 minute red in the face, screaming warning but no ticket. Thank you officer!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Best I have done was 179 in a 50 zone... with the front wheel in the air.
No tickets.... but the officer's partner in the passenger seat really wanted to shoot me. I could tell.
The police have lost their sense of humour.

Best I have done was 179 in a 50 zone... with the front wheel in the air.
No tickets.... but the officer's partner in the passenger seat really wanted to shoot me. I could tell.
The police have lost their sense of humour.

Long ago, north of guelph on a Honda demo ride, 5 bikes (2x1000RR,1xVFR,2x600RR) passed a cop at 180+ in a 50. The cop didn't bother trying to stop the group (thankfully). We've all done dumb things at some point, you just have to try to pick the right times to minimize the impact on your health and wallet.

265.....why would you stop??
Rookies
Many years ago a member on here posted his abstract, 265 in a 100 hahahah

Many years ago when I was 18 I had a zx7r. Got clocked on the way to Turkey Point at 265 in an 80. I stopped and the cop gave me a 20 minute red in the face, screaming warning but no ticket. Thank you officer!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Not so many years ago, people didn't get screwed with a roadside tow and suspension for speeding.

They just said, "damn it, I got caught... It's going to be a big ticket" vs running away and riding beyond their ability, crashing, and or get charged under the criminal code for running....

Since people started running, cops seem to take out their anger on the people that do stop for them.

Last edited:
Not exactly accurate, I had MANY people bikes, trucks, cars all run from me, and that was late 70's onward. Running for the cops is NOT a new phenomenon, since the enactment of S172...lol. People simply used to take responsibility when they messed up. Back in those days an officer "could" simply "take" your drivers licence and turn it over to the MTO for a "review". I only did it twice, for people doing really stupid crap. Including driving a pick up doing in excess of 130 KM/h in a 50 with 6 people in the truck bed.

Not so many years ago, people didn't get screwed with a roadside tow and suspension for speeding.

They just said, "damn it, I got caught... It's going to be a big ticket" vs running away and riding beyond their ability, crashing, and or get charged under the criminal code for running....

Since people started running, cops seem to take out their anger on the people that do stop for them.

Back
Top Bottom