Request: Best Rain Gear | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Request: Best Rain Gear

While Klim and Aerostitch are nice products I'm a proponent of leather. Nothing protects as well. While it sucks for the moments you have to wear rain gear because of an extra layer, I'll not give up on leather.

Probably going to see if sport check has anything because they're local and I'm not sure when I'm in toronto next to visit MEC

The zipper finally irreparably broke on my rain jack it, it's held together with velcro when needed.

I like Tourmaster waterproof gear
it's not sporty at all, kinda old dude looking stuff
but it IS waterproof and reasonably priced

Rode roughly 500KM through some bad weather on the trip I just returned from, some of it torrential. The gear I posted earlier in this thread worked like a charm and even survived a few meetings with my pipes.

Yeah, I look like a construction worker...but I don't care - I was dry, and even in the torrential rain I'm sure I stood out like a ray of sunshine through the storm LOL. I'm good with being seen a mile away in the rain.

Last edited:
speaking from experience, i would go with gortex, it keeps the rain and wind out but still be able to breathe and not get all sweaty. Not only great for summer showers but all so when it gets cold. I have a gortex jacket (just the shell) and gortex over pants with elastic waist and cuffs. Dont get anything baggy it will act as a sail and you would be flapping every where. Jacket and pants are not meant to be used for motorcycling but work great.

I bought a two piece Dianese rain suit for about $120 on sale at GP. I've had for two years now, it still looks new and worth every cent!

I had a frog togs and the jacket failed the very first time I pulled it out. Zipper broke. Day ONE of a month long ride to Alaska and back. Customer service didn't give a rats azz. Never again. I also have the Costco rains it BUT I wear various KLIM/Aerostich gear so I'm fully gore. I have gotten damp but I'm not sure if it was from sweat in extreme humidity or actual seepage. I always waffle if I am going to bring it or not. I HATE pulling over at the side of the road to struggle into rain gear. You are instantly a eye catcher for motorists. Very unsafe in already poor conditions.

All my gear is men's. There is no point trying to look feminine in motorcycle gear. We all look like hippos no mater what. Embrace it!

I got the Rev'It H2O series. Good stuff. Wore it once in a 3 hr ride in a thunderstorm. Its probably going to go up for sale soon as I am thinking of clearing out some of my gear that I won't be using any more.

I have a Forcefield construction worker's rain suit. It is all heavy duty, big zippers, high viz etc. $40 from Costco. I gave up on lightweight motorcycle rain gear a long time ago. It's just an excuse to charge a lot for a low quality product. I guess you won't look feminine in it, but it hardly looks masculine either. Sort of just looks like someone trying to stay dry.

My Frogg Toggs disintegrated after two seasons. Using the Tourmaster Sentinel 2 jacket and pants for the last 3 seasons, still going strong, been thru the heaviest downpours (as in thunderstorms coming at you sideways) and stayed dry. I use this over my leathers, paired with Daytona goretex boots and Held goretex rain gloves.

Back
Top Bottom