Mid Tour Tire Change | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mid Tour Tire Change

3200kms shouldn't significantly square off a brand new tire like the PR3 to seriously affect your enjoyment of twisty roads. Once you get to the twisty roads, your tires will round up nicely and you likely won't notice a thing. Change the tire before you go and enjoy the ride. Then you still have your old tire when you get back to get full life out of each tire.

Thanks for the reply sk.

I know 3,200kms isn't much for a PR3. The issue was that I really don't know how many KM's total are on these tires since I bought the bike with them on it.

The tires are dated 2014 and I bought the bike last year. So who knows how much I truly have left on them. They look fairly new.

Also, something about the tarmac down south eats up rubber faster.

It's all a moot point now as my travels plans have changed and I probably won't be doing a mid-tour tire change now anyways.

So I ended up doing the trip and I ended up doing the mid-trip tire change.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?203236-To-Beartooth-and-back

I should have listened to my gut and ordered tires ahead of time. They didn't have the Metzeler Roadtec 01's I wanted but I got PR4's and the shop was excellent so I can't really complain.

But just a heads up for anyone thinking the same and reading this. The roads in America, plus the temps and higher speed limits will wear out the rubber quicker than you think. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom