Got hit/stung by a bug while riding | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got hit/stung by a bug while riding

Yeah I hear you. When I was first starting out I got two wasps on my right knee; just about lost it when I used my throttle hand to swipe at them.

Took a wasp to the face at 100km/h. Felt like a rock hit me and I thought I was bleeding, once I pulled over I realized what hit me when I found the stinger embedded in my cheek and pulled it out. I still wear a half shell on my phantom though, full face feels out of place.

I still wear a half shell on my phantom though, full face feels out of place.

Wouldn't one of those skull-face bandanna thingies help with the bugs?

I have worn a bandana in the rain, but I've thought about the masks. Might pick one up at tons of bike gear next time I'm up tha way.

I dunno, I always thought bugs were part of riding.

Been stung before. Not allergic. Rode on.

I dunno, I always thought bugs were part of riding.

Been stung before. Not allergic. Rode on.
Sole source of protein for a those with less expensive heads?

Your reply was kinda Inreb-ish. I have to think about it. ;)

Dirt riding in the years of Gypsy moth infestations is always fun. You get COVERED head to toe in caterpillars... they don't taste bad.
I was riding my brother's ZX7, had the thing tapped and sat up to enter a corner. I don't know what kind of bug hit me, right at the top of my sternum, almost knocked me off the bike. The next day had a bruise that covered most of my chest and neck.

By the way, you don't lay her down, you lose control and fall off.

Friend took a bird to the chest once. Others got wasps up their sleeves. Apparently they don't get angry until your armpit.

Took a June Bug in the face shield once. The mess covered all of the face shield and part of the helmet. Thankful I had the shield down!

I once got a wasp trapped in my jacket. I pulled in a side street & did the chicken dance

Rode behind a pig truck once. Lucky I had a full face.

Back
Top Bottom