Noob getting bored, happened to anyone ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Noob getting bored, happened to anyone ?

You didn't factor in the extra weight of carrying around a bottle of hair gel on the bike.

I'm balder than @joebass on a good day

Boredom sets in quickly if you don't have the time for a 'decent' ride' An hour or two or three doesn't cut it around the GTA. That is the predicament I found myself in. Life didn't give me the time to go where it was 'interesting' on a regular basis. I maybe had a weekend or two a year to do that if I was lucky. Gearing up every morning just to go to work and back was not enjoyable at all. Standing in the garage on a Saturday morning, looking at the bike and wondering where I could go for a couple of hours was frustrating, knowing I had to be back in a few hours for family reasons. Even more frustrating thinking of the insurance money I was paying for what I was getting out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it at certain times. Mostly I hated it in the city where I spent most of my time. I decided it wasn't worth it. Maybe when I retire I will take it up again. Or if I move a few hundred kilometers away from here. Until then I am done. Track doesn't interest me. No place to go off road anymore. Group rides always ended up at a Timmies every hour. Think it through. Its a toy. If you can afford to have it and not use it or only enjoy it once in a while then good If not, find something else.

Really now?

Your benz:

503 hp
4096 lbs

0-60 = 4s

Power to weight:

Fz 09

115 hp
425 lbs
0-60 2.8s
Power to weight:

Thats more than DOUBLE your mercedes...and it costs just over 9 grand
That merc is going nowhere fast :p

I'll take the fz over the benz ANY day ;)

#twowheels4life
Lol easy there killer

Group ride??take my 2 wheel shitbox show you how to change your lines midcorner

Lol easy there killer

Group ride??take my 2 wheel shitbox show you how to change your lines midcorner

I know how to change lines mid corner, just wanted to know if its a safe habit or not

I might not be able to outrun it in a corner(cages are faster in corners by virtue of a steel box, 4 wheels worth of traction and not having to work to stay upright)
but im sure one of the more experienced/skilled riders here will leave your merc in the dust ;)

Last edited:
I know how to change lines mid corner, just wanted to know if its a safe habit or not

I might not be able to outrun it in a corner(cages are faster in corners by virtue of a steel box, 4 wheels worth of traction and not having to work to stay upright)
but im sure one of the more experienced/skilled riders here will leave your merc in the dust ;)

Ok then why dont we do this you rip my merc and I chase you down GEEZ :cool:

trainn.jpg

^That post didnt exactly help

Atleast if OP reads this thread, he wont be bored :lmao:

Exacta tackly my friend this site is dead I need to pump the ratings for Paul for the advertising $

Most members are out riding. I'm just taking a few days off for this pesky employment thing, and getting ready for a 4000K ride starting this weekend.

I don't get bored riding, getting back on topic. ;)

I go riding....but my schedule is weird so its on the weekends mostly now

Thanks guys! lots of great replies here

to answer a few questions,

I am not an awesome rider, and definitely have lots of room to improve

My bike is not the problem, its an awesome little bike, and I have no regrets getting it. Although initially I was into cruisers. But perhaps I should have gotten something like a TW200

Biking isn't for me ? Perhaps. I want to get my M, and then decide on that. Like "hdsomeday" said, perhaps I will leave it to take it up again in the future.

One thing I concluded, on my bike I ride aimlessly, most of the time. Took it a few times to meet friends, but that was really it.
A car, (if it is something exciting to drive) can be enjoyed on a grocery trip, a trip up north, a drive to work, anywhere really. And this is the difference.

In any case, thanks guys!
Will keep on riding for a while :)

Steel cheeks Eh?

Not all that long a ride over a few days....

....................... I did 3k on a 4 day Ohio loop amongst several others so far this summer...
Eclipse ride to Tennesee will be similar, 3.3k Superior Loop included one near 1k blitz down Michigan....THAT was a tiring run given wind, rain and time on the road but the last couple of hours were wonderful....

OP ..if you think a car is more enjoyable then yeah ...riding may not be for you ....but you won't know until you live and breathe it a bit and go explore outside the gta...

....My bike is not the problem, its an awesome little bike, and I have no regrets getting it. Although initially I was into cruisers. But perhaps I should have gotten something like a TW200

.....A car, (if it is something exciting to drive) can be enjoyed on a grocery trip, a trip up north, a drive to work, anywhere really. And this is the difference. ....

bit contradictory isn't it? Doesn't matter what it is, if just doing the act of driving/riding straight, it will get boring going. i.e. the mechanical action of riding. Location/destination and the route getting there make it interesting. Aimless driving/riding downtown in the city over the same routes will get boring. Go somewhere new.

Back
Top Bottom