Noob getting bored, happened to anyone ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Noob getting bored, happened to anyone ?

I have a street legal motocrosser that I trailer up to Barrie to trail ride. Being blue plated I can still bomb around town and to work when I feel like it. I find street riding very mundane and stressful more than anything. Having the ability to pop off road around town at will, mess around in parking lots jumping curbs, wheelies, etc. is what keeps me in this game. I would be bored out of my mind if I was restricted to highways and streets on a cruiser or sport bike. Different strokes for different folks

Thank you guys, very useful info

I ride a 250CC semi sport bike, and dont really have a desire to go higher on CCs

I wouldn't do a 400 highway on a 250 other than for a few kms if needed. I can make it to Niagara Falls in about 1 1/2 hours via the QEW but if I try hard I can stretch it to three times that by taking the back roads at back road speeds.

Out of the 'coke you can take Britannia west to the Milton area or take Lakeshore west to Oakville and pick up Rebecca/New St west to downtown Burlington and find OK roads around Ancaster and Hamilton.

If you're looking for twisties you're not going to find anything remotely resembling the Dragon for hundreds of miles. You will find a few over restricted, over rated, over policed mini twisties such as The Forks, Rattlesnake Point and Snake Road but they will not give you a workout.

A lot depends on what type of riding you want to do. Is it the ride, the destination or both?

If the saddle is the only problem look at aftermarket seats or accessories. There's a recent thread going on the subject.

Seat thread if seat comfort is part of the problem:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?202791-What-are-your-***-comfort-secrets

Last edited:
maybe riding isn't for you....no shame in that

Lots of amazing suggestions and support offered in this thread -- GTAM is a great community!

But I have a slightly different and perhaps more blunt theory why, after little more than a season, you're already 'getting bored':

Maybe motorcycling just isn't for you.

If you've lost "that feeling" of anticipation to go riding and the stupid grin from ear to ear you get from twisting the throttle already, after 1 season, then I'd venture a guess it's likely not the particular bike you bought, or the riding environment --it's probably you.

Thinking back to my first season, you couldn't keep me off a bike. I would ride everywhere and anywhere, any chance I could get. I would find any excuse to go out for a boot. Around the block, to the convenience store for milk, to work, up north, in the rain, crack of dawn, late at night, late into the season (near freezing conditions) ride. ride ride. Riding a motorcycle is so much damn fun! --the sound, the smell, the exhilaration of leaning in to a twisty country road, just you and the machine.

'Getting bored' really? Perhaps go find some other endeavor to turn your crank.

your riding an old 250 in traffic, I think every rider would get bored

Every rider regardless of what bike it is would be bored in traffic. More-so a larger bike.

maybe riding isn't for you....no shame in that

That's always possible, but OP, I'd try some of the examples here for making things more interesting before coming to that conclusion.

If even giving all the suggestions here you're still not feeling it, especially being a self admitted "newbie" still, then yeah....maybe it's not your thing.

It happens. Lots of people buy RV's/boats/jetskis/etc (IE, toys) excitedly only to sell them months later when they discover that it's nothing like they expected, or they simply weren't as interested in it as they thought they were.

Do you feel every aspect of riding you do is close to perfect? (Even withing the legal and traffic limits.) I have been riding for less than a year myself and I know I still have a ton to learn. Aside from the joy that is in the act of riding itself (I am out of the city so I may be in a better position), the challenge to be better is a driving factor. You may have learned more and faster than I did but I imagine there is always room for improvement. Plus all the above suggestions for the ways to do it.

Have fun and ride safe!

Losing interest happens all the time cause riding in Onterrible sucks for sure always heading to the twistys then straight line to the next batch. This season got super bored after my first trip to PA so I tucked the bike in the corner of the garage and got me a four wheeled beast that rips corners like no tomm while having my java listening to my favorite tunes enjoying the the AC and the hair looks slick even after the twistys lol.

Hadn't noticed the same roads get curvier on four wheels. Guess I've been doing it wrong.

2 wheels over 4, all day, even in ontario

Hadn't noticed the same roads get curvier on four wheels. Guess I've been doing it wrong.
They certainly get more hilly and windy on a bicycle. ;)

In a honda of course.... just like bikes a slow crappy bike one can easily be bored.... an apprillia or ducati might keep me interested for a while but not worth the dough for 6 months on the bike and insurance to putter round Onterrible.

Last edited:
Try a AMG C63S that will change toute sweet lol
Try the fz09 bro, fraction of the cost, tons more fun

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Riding on the street is boring. Sign up for a track school or off road school. Then go racing.

Will eat an fz09 in the corners lol and prob straight line
Nuff said. Have fun with your cage.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will eat an fz09 in the corners lol and prob straight line

Really now?

Your benz:

503 hp
4096 lbs

0-60 = 4s

Power to weight:

Fz 09

115 hp
425 lbs
0-60 2.8s
Power to weight:

Thats more than DOUBLE your mercedes...and it costs just over 9 grand
That merc is going nowhere fast :p

I'll take the fz over the benz ANY day ;)

#twowheels4life

Back
Top Bottom