Other people's property... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Other people's property...

DJM

Site Supporter
Was in Ottawa this long weekend, lots of tourists and I was completely stunned by the actions of people concerning other people's property.

In the Byward market Sat. night there was quite a few motorcycles lined up in front of some of the pubs. Sitting on a patio with the missus over a period of time, I counted 4 families putting their kids on the seats of said motorcycles, while the kids messed with the controls, ground against the fuel tanks etc. One owner came running out and hurled quite a few expletives at one lady, you could see her inability to realize his concern as she walked away shaking her head. Then there was the 2 girls who decided to pose and selfie on some poor guy's S1000RR, I thought for sure it was going to tip over....

The most egregious acts I saw was in front of the Hotel we were staying at. There was a yellow Mclaren parked out front waiting to be moved to valet, and the amount of people that came up and started taking selfies and pictures of each other leaning on the damn hood and trunk, with their kids touching the car, messing with the side view mirrors, leaning against the doors to look inside, holy **** I couldn't believe it, I would have absolutely lost my mind if I walked out to my car and saw that. I'd lose my mind if I walked out to my bike and saw that.

Eventually, they were all chased away by the Hotel doormen but that poor car will need a detailer for sure. Unbelievable.

Some people's children...and some kid's parents. SMMFH
I shouldn't be, but I am consistently amazed at how oblivious people are when it comes to respect for others and for other's property.
I hate people.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Unfortunately its a disorder people have when vacationing, they think everything is allowed, I've witnessed that many time before, they look at a persons private property (bike / car) as another prop or statue that they can do with as they please, I'm willing to bet that most of these people will never do that if they were to encounter the same bike or car at the grocery store or on their way to the bank

I have friends with rare expensive and some classic sportscars that will not drive them unless parking is at a residence or gathering of sportcar guys. Even at a mall or retail space people will hang over the cars and actually reach into the convertibles and touch stuff.
Drunk chicks and sometimes guys are one of the reasons I wont take a bike to a lot of events, in what reality is it ok to put your toddler on somebodies bike parked at the curb?

There is no end to nerve of some folks

How about stepping out on the deck of a private cottage... to find 2 families set up in your yard, using your waterfront as a public beach...
Yeah, that happened recently.

My Brother-in-Law owned a Zimmer+Quicksilver-red In Florida.

He allowed me to drive it. Lots of fun. Loads of admirers. I am an easy going bloke and people asked all sorts of questions.
One day my Gf got tired of all the questions. When asked what sort of car is that, she replied "Red" I couldn`t stop laughing. Brit sense of humour.

How about stepping out on the deck of a private cottage... to find 2 families set up in your yard, using your waterfront as a public beach...
Yeah, that happened recently.

And the response when confronted? I ask because every long weekend there's some people who think that cottages which aren't being used can be set up as camp sites. This is why I need to figure out a way to monitor cottage from home...had it happen once when I saw remnants of garbage in our backyard.

Bunch of get off my lawn! Sorta guys...life is short and we go out with nothing...don't sweat the little things

And the response when confronted? I ask because every long weekend there's some people who think that cottages which aren't being used can be set up as camp sites. This is why I need to figure out a way to monitor cottage from home...had it happen once when I saw remnants of garbage in our backyard.

If it has internet, IP cameras are cheap now. In the absence of internet, trail cams can show you what happened (and hopefully catch a license plate which you can use to try to get the police to send them a letter telling them to piss off). Putting a trail cam in a birdhouse makes it essentially invisible and batteries last a year.

Unfortunately its a disorder people have when vacationing, they think everything is allowed, I've witnessed that many time before, they look at a persons private property (bike / car) as another prop or statue that they can do with as they please, I'm willing to bet that most of these people will never do that if they were to encounter the same bike or car at the grocery store or on their way to the bank

My wife took a telephoto lens to the temple on Sunday morning during the Changing of the Guard. Guy behind her was trying to take shots and was poking it past her lol. She just turned and gave him the eye.

Even worse though, at the National War Memorial, where Cpl. Cirillo was killed there were people taking group photos in front of the guards, chattering away, flashing peace signs and making a general commotion. Military Police finally moved them away. If I had the power of God I'd have surely struck those people down with lightning. I can't imagine if they had done that at Arlington. Like Joe said, I hate people.

Bunch of get off my lawn! Sorta guys...life is short and we go out with nothing...don't sweat the little things

I sort of agree with you, but when you have nice things that you love, buffering out zipper scratches from inconsiderates really sucks, worse when its an actual scratch.

campers on the 170 acres we had up north was never a problem, for 30 yrs, in the last 5-7 they stopped taking out the garbage and just left it. Now the property is sign posted every 30ft. Which looks pretty ugly to.

Don't agree with ya, sorry....

it's my property and why does someone else have a right to it.....

you want a selfie with some car, go to the dealership, you want your kid on a bike, go to the dealership, you want to camp, go to a public campground, and so on......why anyone one thinks they are entitled to trespass, touch, sit on, caress, fondle, scratch, lean against my property, and so on is beyond me, I have the nice things for me to enjoy not,,,,some jack off jerk off the street and his or her ankle biters.....

If you still want to interact with or on my property, then ask.......for the permission

yahhhh you can call me Clint Eastwood......ohhh and never mind, "get off my lawn",,,,more like "do you feel lucky punk".....???

11f02ddc24f5e40077046541e52cc205--famous-movie-quotes-film-quotes.jpg

Last edited:
I'm typically a polite and extremely patient person, but mess with my stuff or my property and I go all Jeckyl and Hyde very, very quickly.

I almost decked a coworker who thought I was joking when I said "that is my bike" and decided to hop on. Before he could even get his leg over I stopped him and asked WTF he was thinking?!? He apparently thought I was joking that it was my bike and didn't even seem to understand that you don't do that with someones bike. When asked if he would mind me sitting on his hood, roof, etc. "I wouldn't mind" was the response.

It comes down to lack of respect. Some people lack respect for their own property or just plan lack self respect so it's hard to extend that to a stranger.

A friend was into hotrods and sat back as a mom and her brat walked through the lineup of rods parked on the grass. The barefoot kid was all over the cars standing on the exhaust pipes and looking inside. My buddy said nothing as the kid stepped on the pipes of a car that had just come in off the highway. He limped away bawling with his mom doing the "Someone should have" bit.

It's happened more than once... 3 times that I'm familiar with.
It depends on who catches them, who they are... what they're doing.
Last time, 2 young Moms with 5 kids. I'm an easy going guy most of the time and was in a good mood. They were honest about it. Told them to take their time, let the kids finish what they're doing. One of the moms and 2 kids live down, and across, the road. Nice girl, cool kids. They've been back since, invited.
Another time... young folks drinking, partying... Caught by someone else. Told to leave, said they be gone in a bit, one of the guys got mouthy... they were told they had 10 seconds.. took too long... and left the hard way. They actually called the cops to report an assault...

Not gonna quote all the posts, but will bunch all my replies in here
Yes. I get more stressed now than I used to. But I also work hard for my stuff. So when people are inconsiderate, that pisses me off.
What if the person taking the pic knocks over your bike and walks away? Aarrgh! ?

I've told this before but...
A coworker sees my bike and goes to sit on it. I'm like wtf? He's like what's the big deal? (I know, similar to story above, but. ...)
So I say ok, and go plant my 250lbs *** on the hood of his X5.
Nobody has tried sitting on my bike again.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I don't even walk into neighbors open garage unless they are there and they intend me to go in....like intentionally pointing out something they want me to look at.

Back
Top Bottom