Other people's property... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Other people's property...

Ok... first of all lets get some perspective. We are enthusiasts here. We care. We've seen all the worst that can happen when randoms do randoms things to our cherished property.

But to the average joe, touching, rubbing against, hopping on someones car or bikes is nothing.

I say that coming from the perspective of someone who wanted to start detailing cars. Most people don't give a rats @ss what their car's paint looks like. Or if there are scratches on it. etc.
That's why automated touch washes still exist...otherwise they'd go out of business.

Novelty things get people excited, which is why they're curious as humans to see how it works, hence the touching, hopping on to see how it feels etc. I'm not saying i condone it (actually quite the contrary) but i can understand where they're coming from.

ever notice all the ropes and braided lines around displays at shows? even the enthusiasts sometimes cant help touching

and +1 for beat your kids

When our kids were little and they pitched a fit in a public place (ESPECIALLY a restaurant) the first thing I did was get up and haul their butts outside to the parking lot. And we stood there until it was over. In the beginning sometimes the hissyfit would last 10-15 minutes, but they soon learned that it was kinda boring and there was nobody that reacted or cared about their fit, so they'd turn it off in a minute or less. Soon they learned it was better to just behave in public places instead (after a warning that they would soon be headed outside) and they stopped pitching fits in public places to begin with.

Anyhow, it's off topic, but timely - just Thursday I dealt with this in Cobourg - two teens with young children (not theirs, I hoped) eating lunch in Subway. The kids were shrieking (those ear piercing ones drive me INSANE) and yelling and generally just being miscreants, and the guardians/babysitters/whatever were just continuing on like nothing was happening - giggling, chatting, and surfing on their phones.
Yup... my kid, if she doesnt behave, goes in the car with me in the car seat to listen to MY music. And i get to decide when we get out. So once i "threaten" to go back into the car, she thinks twice about it.

When my kids were young, I did the old count of 3. As the got older the count got less and then eventually just a look would work. Now they are teenagers. bah.

When my kids were young, I did the old count of 3. As the got older the count got less and then eventually just a look would work. Now they are teenagers. bah.
Yelling seems to work with my teenagers. They've been training me to yell for a few years now.

Our first kid was so easy breazy, that we couldn't understand why parents couldn't control their kids, then we had the twins.

Yelling seems to work with my teenagers. They've been training me to yell for a few years now.

Our first kid was so easy breazy, that we couldn't understand why parents couldn't control their kids, then we had the twins.
**** you have 3 and 2 are twins? No wonder you are always so cranky. Respect , I don't know how you manage with 3, one kicked my ass and he is such a good kid 90 percent of the time.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

People are *****. That's all there is to it.

Heck, I just got back from a 2 week camping trip to several provincial parks. The number of people that ignore the rules like no excessive noise (dogs barking all day, screaming to/from kids half a km from their parents, etc), no littering, stay on the trail, don't destroy the forest is crazy. There are even signs threatening fines but they're still ignored. Heck, one guy drove his truck and camper right through the bush because his site wasn't a pull through and he wanted it to be. Just don't care about anything. Then people wonder why there's no bush between the sites and no privacy.

Oh, and gf almost got ran over by a guy driving a fricken bus as an RV while on her bicycle because he couldn't wait 10 seconds for her to pass a parked car.

But people with kids tend to not give a **** what anyone else thinks and do whatever will make their kids happy.

Back
Top Bottom