Mosport | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mosport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention whore!

Awesome to see y'all, great monday/tuesday with no downtime for track incidents.

Wicked riding

Monday Tuesday were awesome. Lots of track time with no incidents in red that I know of. Lots of fast riders out there. Rain in yellow and green session tuesday after lunch. Thanks guys for sucking that up and drying up the track for our next session. LOL. Always a highlight of my season to ride at Mosport. Pro 6 does such a great job. Very tired today though.

Anyone get any photos or footage of yellow group Tuesday? I know I saw some cameras around....
I have footage from Mon and Tues. Just putting it together. Will post when they're done

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Anyone know who was riding the (looked like new) Aprillia RSV4 in green (racer group) yesturday that was involved in the crash in turn 8 in the afternoon? I don't think it had any stickers/CSBK markings. Hoping the rider is ok, he looked pretty slow to get up after the crash.

Anyone know who was riding the (looked like new) Aprillia RSV4 in green (racer group) yesturday that was involved in the crash in turn 8 in the afternoon? I don't think it had any stickers/CSBK markings. Hoping the rider is ok, he looked pretty slow to get up after the crash.

That was me. No csbk stickers because the body work was new. Not sure if that was you but I made contact with a white CBR with red numbers. I was on the outside of a couple of riders and when I tried to turn in one of the bikes was still going straight.

Our bikes got tangled up and was told that my leg ended up on top of the other bike. We were locked together entering the run off area and at some point the CBR went down. When the CBR went down it pulled and twisted my leg. I continued to ride it out to the wall and parked it. When I got off my bike I felt the pain in my leg and fell to the ground.

Went to the hospital and I have a broken tibia. Even though there was no impact, they said when the leg got twisted, the femur pushed down on the tibia and broke it right at the knee.

Looks like I won't be racing this weekend. I saw the other rider sitting in the ambulance. Hope he is ok.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me. I was just curious what happened. I saw you down at the wall, but I took a pretty good impact and the marshals told me not to move, so I stayed put. As soon as I hit the brakes I could feel something jammed up at the back of the bike or in the the back wheel, but I no control over the rear once contact was made. I tried to keep it up with the front brakes and scrub some speed off, but the bike was pulled down, low-sided then flipped over. Minor road rash on the arm, helmet took a beating, CBR is a bit of a mess so is the suit, but I'll be ok.

Yeah, that was me. I was just curious what happened. I saw you down at the wall, but I took a pretty good impact and the marshals told me not to move, so I stayed put. As soon as I hit the brakes I could feel something jammed up at the back of the bike or in the the back wheel, but I no control over the rear once contact was made. I tried to keep it up with the front brakes and scrub some speed off, but the bike was pulled down, low-sided then flipped over. Minor road rash on the arm, helmet took a beating, CBR is a bit of a mess so is the suit, but I'll be ok.

I have no idea how this happened but the thing that jammed your back wheel was my leg. I could feel the tire rubbing on my calf. It burned through my suit and I have a few burns on the back of my leg.

Glad your ok. Both of us are lucky it wasnt worse. I thought I was doomed as we were running off track.

Last edited:
Yeah... thanks, meme. ;) Good seeing you...

Glad you two above are relatively ok from wed.

Hi guys,
I had my first experience at mosport. Great track!!! Unfortunately my rear sprocket was too big and the electronic of the bike cuts power at 12.000 rpm, however I had very good time. Do you know if there was a photographer service Monday and Tuesday?

Nice videos AJ... don't think we ran into each other on track, but some good footage there.

mosport doesnt disappoint!! had a great 2 days, the pace picked up on Thursday as more racers got in the mix which made for a great time, cant wait for next year! this year I got to load my bike on the trailer in the same shape it was unloaded in, so that's a track day trophy in my books!
good luck to all the guys and gals racing this weekend!!!

f9cff468e4c8f1f5e1d740ad6561be63.jpg

My view for the day

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have no idea how this happened but the thing that jammed your back wheel was my leg. I could feel the tire rubbing on my calf. It burned through my suit and I have a few burns on the back of my leg.

Glad your ok. Both of us are lucky it wasnt worse. I thought I was doomed as we were running off track.

Don't do that again!

Not if I can help it. It doesn't feel very good!

I stayed on the gas past the bridge to get by both of you but I saw you driving up the left side and had a weird feeling that wasn't going to end well.

Got the red flag 3 corners later.

I stayed on the gas past the bridge to get by both of you but I saw you driving up the left side and had a weird feeling that wasn't going to end well.

Got the red flag 3 corners later.

I had intended to pass right off the straightaway. I thought I would be nice and go on the outside.

I had intended to pass right off the straightaway. I thought I would be nice and go on the outside.

Smergy's not slow. I'm not sure how you planned on passing him on the outside.... He's a very competent rider that's quite capable - Your bike may have had higher top end speed, but I find it hard to believe you would have enough corner speed to pass him on the outside.

Smergy's not slow. I'm not sure how you planned on passing him on the outside.... He's a very competent rider that's quite capable - Your bike may have had higher top end speed, but I find it hard to believe you would have enough corner speed to pass him on the outside.

"If you go around the outside, YOU CAN HOLD IT!"

But seriously, some really fast dudes get passed around the outside of turn 8.

How can you even say something like that? You dont know how fast he was going or how fast I was going. I dont know who the guy is but he had red numbers on his bike so hes not that fast. And for the record I also have red numbers. I saw him going down the hill in corner 2 and myself and 3 fast guys were on his back wheel out of 5b.

I dont want this to start any arguments, even though I'm the one that wont be walking for the next 3 months but I'll tell you this. I easily had enough pace to go on the outside until he moved in front of me and turned into a pylon.

Maybe the guy is fast. But he wasn't on that lap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom