Debris??????? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Debris???????

rumpledforeskin

Hello everyone. John here from Alliston. Ride Yamaha R1. 45 years young. Riding all my life. Prob on my my last couple rocket years, before going back to a nice cushy cruiser. I'm not that big on forum chat, much prefer a sitdown cup of Joe at Timmie's.

Ok, Road Debris!!! Way too much of it, and way too long removing it. Dangerous stuff, specially on King & Queen Highways where speeds are a lot faster and you don't have as much time to avoid. Blowouts everywhere. Who is inspecting these trucks???? These old sh#t tires should not be on the road. Putting respectable Law abiding Ont bikers lives at risk. Garbage, junk, lumber with spikes. you name it. I've seen everything this summer, a lot more of it, and it's still in the same damn spot coming home at night. My tax dollars!!! Regional clean up crews, get your lazy arses out there. I haven't seen half a dozen clean up crews all season, but I see trash every time I go out. A tank slapper at a buck ten will put your heart in your throat, or worse yet. I'm not ready to die because of a piece of trash on our roads that I've already paid in my taxes for someone else to pick up.!!!!!!!

Opinions????
Thoughts????
Comments????
Close Calls?????????? Chime in . Speak your piece!

I take debris for granted, keep my distance and ride in the tire track rather than the centre of the lane on slab. Figure a truck or two will blow most of it off but key is staying alert and enough room to react....

Your visual field likely not quite as easy as an upright bike.

A group of four of us riding the interstate through Ohio. A cement truck in front of us suddenly loses two chute extensions off the back of the truck. The group split in every direction as these things went bouncing wildly down the highway. We all made it through safely but all needed clean pants afterwards.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Excellent rant. I stay back from vehicles (about 200ft) to allow myself time to react. I saw two dummies in a pickup truck with the tailgate down and everything bouncing out the back. As for transport tires, well we all know the government is going easy on transport companies. I prefer to avoid the 400 highways if I can.

Opinion? Motorcycles are not on a sliding scale between crotch rocket and cruiser

Good topic and a reminder to look far ahead. Move around in your lane if needed to look ahead of cars so you have an idea of what's coming.

Another peeve I have is fluid drippings in the road: How many cars and/or trucks are losing so much fluid that they're leaving black trails, especially on on and off-ramps? Why are these things leaking and what is that fluid??

Rocket or cruiser, the road remains the same.

Wanna do something about it?

Think about track days. Cage for the roads and less worry.

I have many gripes about riding conditions. Top of mind is other cagers. Obstacles are less of a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never linger around trucks, just pass & go

If people in Ontario would be a little more considerate and not litter it would help a deal.
Completely agree, I leave my litter in the car /pocket and empty at home.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

407 keeps on top of that ish asap

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Hello everyone. John here from Alliston. Ride Yamaha R1. 45 years young. Riding all my life. Prob on my my last couple rocket years, before going back to a nice cushy cruiser. I'm not that big on forum chat, much prefer a sitdown cup of Joe at Timmie's.

Ok, Road Debris!!! Way too much of it, and way too long removing it. Dangerous stuff, specially on King & Queen Highways where speeds are a lot faster and you don't have as much time to avoid. Blowouts everywhere. Who is inspecting these trucks???? These old sh#t tires should not be on the road. Putting respectable Law abiding Ont bikers lives at risk. Garbage, junk, lumber with spikes. you name it. I've seen everything this summer, a lot more of it, and it's still in the same damn spot coming home at night. My tax dollars!!! Regional clean up crews, get your lazy arses out there. I haven't seen half a dozen clean up crews all season, but I see trash every time I go out. A tank slapper at a buck ten will put your heart in your throat, or worse yet. I'm not ready to die because of a piece of trash on our roads that I've already paid in my taxes for someone else to pick up.!!!!!!!

Opinions????
Thoughts????
Comments????
Close Calls?????????? Chime in . Speak your piece!

We should get together some time to yell at clouds.
Also... What's your preference when it comes to keeping people off your lawn?
--Fellow old guy.

I've found the roads in the GTA and Southern ont have steadily declined in quality over the past few years.
Taxes keep getting higher, but where's all that $ going to?
Not into roads it seems.

If the OP is wondering who is inspecting those trucks ,it's the Ontario ministry of Transportation. All those inspection stations on the 400 series of highways and army of roaming enforcement officers equipped like military commando's. Ontario has the highest enforcement rate in North America and as a result the highest safety rate for commercial vehicles as well. That being said ,I agree there's too much debris on the big fast roads. even after a collision where the OPP block the highway for hours they still have parts and rubbish laying around afterward. They contract out that road maintenance ,and I think it's the same companies that do the snow removal for that section of highway, so in a way i see where the problems may lie.

I've found the roads in the GTA and Southern ont have steadily declined in quality over the past few years.
Taxes keep getting higher, but where's all that $ going to?
Not into roads it seems.
100% agree. First time ever for me, I found a frame mounting bolt had sheared off on my bike, all from the terrible roads in and around the GTA. This wasn't any pissant bolt either, an M10 x 45 Class 10.9 zinc coated. So it was not corroded or otherwise compromised.

Yup, road cleanup is in decline. The amount of crap hitting me, that's kicked up by vehicles in front of me, is greater than it has ever been. It's an easy thing for the Provincial Government to slack on, but it cost road users. more than 20 years ago I lost a car windshield to a chunk of transport tire tread that was launched at me from the oncoming traffic lanes (an active event). In the last year I've had two windscreens done in by random on-road debris (a passive event).

Hwy 7 on ramp to 404 North, there was a 1foot x 1foot ~ 2foot x 2foot square of ply wood.
Day 1 it was on my line and had to tighten it up as I was sure if I rode over it would have slid.
Day 2 same spot but was ready,
Day 3 was going to stop and move it myself but had cars behind
WEEKEND happened
Day 8 Was still there. ****ing thing has been removed and I will should them the invoice for the removal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom