will address oil issue then

last year had an oil change at dealer while getting tires installed
they used 10/40 Dino Yamalube

changed the clutch engagement so drastically
I looked like a friggin n00b getting going
not saying there's anything wrong with either oil
just interesting how oil can make that much difference

Re: Rotella T6 rebate

After break in on my yz250fx i put T6 in. Wow...smooth shifting now.

Rotella T6 on sale at CT this week Feb 8-14

42.83 for the 5L jug
133.86 for the 18.9L pail

The rebate continues for 2019
$7 on the 5L jug
$35 on the 18.9L pail

Shell Rotella Rebate form===> https://tinyurl.com/y3ruegta

You know it wrecks catalytic converters, right?

It's a great oil with additives and metals that motorcycle/small engines love, but those same things wreak havok on cats.

This has obviously happened to you?

Last edited:
I might use T6 in my "new to me" Ducati.Gotta watch the budget with a fixed income in retirement mode.:p

Re: Rotella T6 on sale at CT this week Feb 8-14

Should be good for the next few years :D
eQcN1jm.jpg

I did a lot of research on the oil department and found it's very popular amongst the v-strom rider crowd. It's been serving me well so far!

How does this compare to Motul 7100 @ almost 80 bucks a jug?

one is formulated to be used exclusively as a motorcycle oil, the other is formulated and sold as an inexpensive fleet oil for multiple types of vehicles... and motorcycles wasn't one of those types.

I might use T6 in my "new to me" Ducati.Gotta watch the budget with a fixed income in retirement mode.:p

I use T5 in my older roller bearing bottom end Ducs. No way I will run it in my shell bearing Ducati. I usually run Castrol, $6 liter at Crappy Tire... and change it often.

I use T5 in my older roller bearing bottom end Ducs. No way I will run it in my shell bearing Ducati. I usually run Castrol, $6 liter at Crappy Tire... and change it often.

Yes,castrol is a good product.I have used a lot of Mobil1 in the Ducs that i have owned.But it isn't available anymore in the 5l jugs at sale prices.I am a big believer in frequent changes also.I don't think it's so much the brand of oil used as it is the frequency of the change interval.After all...how often do you hear of catastrophic engine failure due to oil quality?

Yes,castrol is a good product.I have used a lot of Mobil1 in the Ducs that i have owned.But it isn't available anymore in the 5l jugs at sale prices.I am a big believer in frequent changes also.I don't think it's so much the brand of oil used as it is the frequency of the change interval.After all...how often do you hear of catastrophic engine failure due to oil quality?

I think this hit the nail on the head. Changing every 5k kms (oil+OEM filter) with a high quality synthetic will lead to engine likely outliving the bike. Why pay triple the price? It's not like Shell is a low-quality brand... I know a bunch of riders that swear by the stuff. I know its anecdotal but I'm "above average" for KM's on a SS at 60,000km and have been using Shell since day 1. 0 Issues.

Back
Top Bottom