csbk mosport - invite lwt prod'n 300's - of all makes | GTAMotorcycle.com

csbk mosport - invite lwt prod'n 300's - of all makes

Hmmm, could it have anything to do with nobody showing up to support the Ninja 300 spec. series and the contract with Canadian Kawasaki running out for 2018 ?
Sorry if I sound cynical - I hope lots of racers show up and support what could be the biggest entry of the weekend.

Hmmm, could it have anything to do with nobody showing up to support the Ninja 300 spec. series and the contract with Canadian Kawasaki running out for 2018 ?
Sorry if I sound cynical - I hope lots of racers show up and support what could be the biggest entry of the weekend.

No, I would say it has everything to do with the fact the LWT 300 grid at RACE has 20 bikes every weekend.

Opening the manufactures from a 1 bike spec class to include every manufacture is just smart.

well looks like it will be... although the release seems to include everything from 250 singles to the honda 500 twins. seems like a wide range of bikes likely leading to big grids but in an entry level class the possibility for even larger discrepancies in pace (am i wrong? i'm not a racer just a slow occasional track rider)

also noticed there will be an approved equipment list. maybe this will help even things out with tech regulations but isn't that part of what led to a mess with the ninja spec series? people with the "Wrong" body work etc? or something along those lines?

seems like a good step and chance for good racing anyway and im looking forward to hearing thoughts of those more experienced or in the loop than myself

Big shout out to John for organizing the 2017 trial.

The details of the class in that brief CSBK description goes against advice given.

Last edited:
+1 on the shout out to john bickle.
looks like csbk again wants to control the equipment used? hopefully folks will be able to choose whatever make of pipes, shocks, bodywork etc.
not sure if this is what bakaboy is referring to. but I think so. would be a shame if csbk waits until just weeks before the start of the season to dictate this...deja vu?

edit - why not let the different aftermarket manufacturers promote their products through contingency dollars? wink.

http://www.csbk.ca/

Last edited:
+1 on the shout out to john bickle.
looks like csbk again wants to control the equipment used? hopefully folks will be able to choose whatever make of pipes, shocks, bodywork etc.
not sure if this is what bakaboy is referring to. but I think so. would be a shame if csbk waits until just weeks before the start of the season to dictate this...deja vu?

edit - why not let the different aftermarket manufacturers promote their products through contingency dollars? wink.

http://www.csbk.ca/

Correct interpretation

Had proposed set limit of X lbs per HP

How you achieve it is up the rider

And a 500 in it? Silly.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
But the WSBK 300 class has the rules to even everything out, The 500 carries something like 20 Kilograms. Not saying this is what CSBK might do. But allowing everything as does WSBK makes sense. Part two is figuring how to make them all fair. Watching the 300 class is pretty exciting and at the WSBK level pretty fair. The Honda can lead at some tracks and others it flat out sucks. So to me those rules are pretty good. The Ninja and Yamaha 300 seem to be the over all best at all tracks. So handi capping the 500 will be the mission. And as it is a new class and stucture it will most likely have some hit and misses. As for CSBK being late getting the Ninja rules out,, that was Kawasaki 100%. They could not drive their stake into the ground and get on with it. In fact I know the class was days from becoming an open class then.
So inviting all these bikes is great, but will take manpower to service and regulate the rules. I commend CSBK for the challenge. I have yet to see a 500 so it isn't even an issue yet,, but I'm sure they will figure a solution.
As I said on FB, if anybody wishes rule changes or ideas or anythinbg. This weekend is the time to do it. This event is the test paltform for the class. Put pen to paper and speak up. I can get your ideas looked at and ensure if they make sense CSBK entertains them.

John, any idea what length of time CSBK have committed to this class? Is it a one year deal and wait and see deal ?

From an old fart - work out a simple HP/weight formula, spec tires, approved machine list and use current supersport rules.
NO prize money but contingency.
Pro/Am - to be split if and when numbers warrant.
Keep it simple and easy to enforce.
Maybe run a few random bikes on the scales and dyno at CTMP and see what the numbers show ?

And ... have all the rules set, whatever they may be, by the end of December if not earlier, and then freeze them for the next year. If there's a homologated parts list, set it by the end of December and freeze it. Give people time to make plans, buy parts, build their bikes.

And ... have all the rules set, whatever they may be, by the end of December if not earlier, and then freeze them for the next year. If there's a homologated parts list, set it by the end of December and freeze it. Give people time to make plans, buy parts, build their bikes.

hmmm. am I going to see you in my crystal ball putting together a 300 race bike in the basement this winter? maybe? would get my vote for a build thread lol.

Last edited:
LOL I'd love to give an R3 a go ... I have to treat my bike carefully because it's becoming unfixable if broken. But I weigh twice what these kids do, so I wouldn't be giving the front runners any fits.

The lead R3 in the exhibition "late model lightweight superbike" - which ran away from the field - was doing very close to the same lap times that I did on the fizzer last weekend at VRRA.

LOL I'd love to give an R3 a go ... I have to treat my bike carefully because it's becoming unfixable if broken. But I weigh twice what these kids do, so I wouldn't be giving the front runners any fits.

The lead R3 in the exhibition "late model lightweight superbike" - which ran away from the field - was doing very close to the same lap times that I did on the fizzer last weekend at VRRA.

and the bikes they're riding are considerably lighter. treadmill wink. I don't doubt you could challenge the youngsters, don't be modest- I seen that cardbord box full of trophy's in the basement lol

Back
Top Bottom