New Key Cut | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Key Cut

a Guy from work is lending me a magnet on the end of a tool that is used for retrieving things....will try tomorrow and see what happens. There is some space so I may be able to do it without lifting the grate. About how deep do they go?
The depth varies. Good luck, I do hope you find it.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

a Guy from work is lending me a magnet on the end of a tool that is used for retrieving things....will try tomorrow and see what happens. There is some space so I may be able to do it without lifting the grate. About how deep do they go?

Take a string and have a plan on how to attach it securely to the tool.

borrow a golf ball retriever, a very strong magnet will stick to all kinds of things , frustrating.. but you can control it better from a stick, than a string..

and if you must use a line....use something strong....not string. Thin rope...secured very well to the magnet.

and if you must use a line....use something strong....not string. Thin rope...secured very well to the magnet.

So I went to the drain today with a long mental pole with a magnet attached to it. Water was about a foot deep in the drain and you couldn't see anything. I spent almost an hour (with people thinking I had fallen and was injured) finding only 3 screws. Then, I hit the jackpot...I felt something attach to the magnet and slowly pulled it up....it was my KEY! It got almost to the top and fell in again...(I had some harsh words here)...But I knew where it was now...another 15 min later, I had it and brought it up successfully! I still cannot believe it.... shortly after that the rain came hard and I am sure would have pushed it out and made it much harder if not impossible to find.

later I went and bought a blank key and had a copy made.

Thanks for the help everyone!

What a happy ending!
Always make copies of your keys! (especially your car keys, can't start most cars with only brass keys nowadays! call a locksmith!)

Awesome! A little perseverance goes a long way apparently. Must have felt like winning the lottery lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom