New Key Cut | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Key Cut

trainerdude

Ok...not a great day so far and need some help.

Went out for a short ride this morning and stopped for lunch at Metro. Took the key out and it slipped out of my hand and into a storm drain.

I don't own a spare (Idiot I know)

Where is the best place to get a new key cut from the Ignition?

Bike was towed back home.

Thanks.

If you can remove the ignition switch, Mark @ 109 Cycle can cut most keys.
Unfortunately he's on holidays and not back until next Monday.

If you can remove the ignition switch, Mark @ 109 Cycle can cut most keys.
Unfortunately he's on holidays and not back until next Monday.

I am not sure I can...I am not tech savy. I will check online to see how hard it is.

While waiting to pick up my wife from the airport, I found these guys...

ca02bd416d074ba6cf9d594085e0896f.png

I may actually try this...can't see it though as the water was covering it...but maybe a good magnet and some luck could do the trick.
Your key is probably brass and not magnet hate to see you waste a bunch of time

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not sure where this happened but call the City Works Department and ask them to remove the lid/grate and they will assist you in getting your key

I can attest that in Mississauga, the road patrol guys will assist in this matter, if a call is put in asking for help...

It was in the parking lot at Metro on Erin Mills . (Sheridan mall) I will call them and ask....otherwise its $200 to get a new key.

It was in the parking lot at Metro on Erin Mills . (Sheridan mall) I will call them and ask....otherwise its $200 to get a new key.

this they might not do, since this is now on private property, but call and ask, when talking to whoever, just ask if they can send "road patrol" person over to assist you in retrieving your keys from a catch basin

To save $200, I would be paying a late night visit to metro and popping the lid myself (I am assuming that is is a typical catch basin a few feet deep, no way in hell I would actually put my head below ground).

To save $200, I would be paying a late night visit to metro and popping the lid myself (I am assuming that is is a typical catch basin a few feet deep, no way in hell I would actually put my head below ground).

a Guy from work is lending me a magnet on the end of a tool that is used for retrieving things....will try tomorrow and see what happens. There is some space so I may be able to do it without lifting the grate. About how deep do they go?

Back
Top Bottom