How Many is too Many KMs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Many is too Many KMs

I just don't wanna see myself feeling the same way about the 600 or whatever I chose to get as I'm feeling on a smaller bike. It'd be much easier to find a bike and settle on it, then ride it to the ground rather than getting bored every year and needing to upsize

Ok, I am out of this thread. Before I leave, I will clearly state that I think this is a terrible idea and you don't even know what you don't know yet. If you decide to go with the Busa I wish you luck and hope you survive (corporally and financially).

If you are worried about choosing a 2nd bike and then finding you don't enjoy it, my advice would be to get your full M and hit every demo day you can so you can test ride a variety of bikes. Best way to find out what you like and what you don't like.

lol...I used to change bikes every 3 years or so. Way too many choices out there. Went up and down the CCs too, as much as laterally. Your 2nd bike isn't going to be your last. Gain experience and move up as you do.

I just don't wanna see myself feeling the same way about the 600 or whatever I chose to get as I'm feeling on a smaller bike. It'd be much easier to find a bike and settle on it, then ride it to the ground rather than getting bored every year and needing to upsize

Try it before your mock it, a 600 will kill you a hell of lot quicker than a 250 and let's not talk about litre bikes.

You're barely old enough to understand - lack of driving experience and even worse lack of riding experience. Have you already spoke with your insurance company if they would even insure you on a SS let alone charge you about $3-$5k a year?

If you are worried about choosing a 2nd bike and then finding you don't enjoy it, my advice would be to get your full M and hit every demo day you can so you can test ride a variety of bikes. Best way to find out what you like and what you don't like.

Best advice here, try it before you buy it.

Yup ...CBR500 or CBX500 for more sensible and lots of fun. With there 478 cc motors insurance will be reasonable.
$_27.JPG

Excellent second bike
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/sudbury/2014-cbr-500/1286151274?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

even nicer CBR500r

$_27.JPG

that's good value for a 2016 with warranty
2016 Honda CBR500R
Ottawa31/07/2017

Very lightly used, as new, same warranty as a new (one year). The CBR500R is considered roadside to the SAAQ. Slightly easy to maneuver and very pleasant to drive. Electronic two-cylinder engine with electronic injection, liquid cooled. 6-speed transmission. Our price 4795$
worth the drive

OP - honestly....a BUSA as a second bike with your riding experience is a terrible idea.

Last edited:
Lol once OP shops around for insurance quotes, busa will automatically drop off his list. I remember those young days when I wanted a busa when I was 21. I played around the TD online calculator at the time just for kicks, quoted at 20k a year. Even now, being 28, no insurance company would even touch me on a busa.

I think I tried a quote, came out to 8k a year.

Of course I'm assuming you're located in the GTA.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:
I call that low miles, i have 65k on my 2012. The engine is built to last, the 2008+ have solid transmissions. Proper maintenance is 100% key. Shoot, mines still running the factory chain. The achilles heel is the fuel pump/filter, but that's any bike.

Based on your age and no M, I would be surprised if insurance was less than $3500 (and it might be much more). Brokers can be your friend as they should know what premium to expect.

Add me to the list of people that think 39K is no problem as long as it saw some love.

EDIT:
Wait a minute, you've had a bike for less than 1 month? smh. Insurance estimate revised to $8000

Lol more like $8000 a month!

An 09 with 39k sounds like an owner that likes to ride. Do they care for it as much as they ride it?

Have a look and see.

You can get a decent feel for it from taking to the owner and checking out the bike.

If they invite you to their home, you can see where TD kept, how organized they are, if they have it serviced at the dealer or shop, receipts etc.

But I wouldn't let the odometer scare me.

Sometimes a lack of kilos is a bit of a red flag and having it parked for a while. Sitting for a while can make for some bits needing replacement if it's not stored properly.

As it's been said, it really comes down to how well it's taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many pounds to the mile does that work out to? wink clicks or klicks.

Ok, I am out of this thread. Before I leave, I will clearly state that I think this is a terrible idea and you don't even know what you don't know yet. If you decide to go with the Busa I wish you luck and hope you survive (corporally and financially).
I would second that thought.
You really have no frame of reference. Going from a 250cc right to a 1300cc sounds absolutely absurd. Take your time and develop your riding skills and slowly work your way up. Rather than waste all your money on insurance spend money on track days/rider training.

x2 what others have said, maintenance before mileage matters more.

And x1000 what others said re insurance - a 'Busa is amongst the hardest and most expensive bikes to insure for any young inexperienced rider. For an M2 rider under 30 it may be impossible to insure now, actually...unless what I would guess would be the $500-$1000/month in the facility market is reasonable for you.

You definitely want to have insurance quotes lined up before buying ANY new bike, much less that one.

What you are trying to do is the motorcycle equivalent of going from a Honda Civic to a Bugatti Veyron. How about making some stepping stones in between.

Last edited:
Get the Busa. Wheelie it all the way down the 401. Come back and tell us how awesome it was and how much it got you laid.

....we really need to adopt a similar graduated motorcycle license system as the U.K.

I'm willing to bet OP doesn't even have 10k km of riding experience

Back
Top Bottom