Stolen | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen

Sorry to hear about this, I bought an sv specifically because I thought I could just leave it anywhere and not worry about it getting jacked. Then I learned they are a popular option as a track bike....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am the second owner. The first wanted to put it on the track so he did upgrades etc. I discovered after riding a week I hated it and put it for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Good news (probably). Did you have insurance? How beat up is it?

If the key was in it, likely not beaten up. Could have been just someone, wanted a quick rip, or they thought they would tech the OP a VERY valuable lesson, and just moved the bike.

Agreed. Just pointing out that obscuring your plate # and not your VIN defeats the purpose. Both can be used to bring up the same information on public records.

I think removing plate was to make it more difficult to ride off with it, and get away easily...rather than to make it difficult to get info.

So what was the condition of the bike after recovery? was anything missing?

Just out of curiousity, when the person came for the test ride - did you ask them to hold on to their licence just in case?

So what was the condition of the bike after recovery? was anything missing?

Just out of curiousity, when the person came for the test ride - did you ask them to hold on to their licence just in case?

From the video, it looks decent. Found in bushes near grand ravine. Key missing. Cops printing it before she gets it back.

My money is on crime of opportunity with the key in the ignition. Dumped in woods while they figured out how to turn it into money (or because they got home).

I think removing plate was to make it more difficult to ride off with it, and get away easily...rather than to make it difficult to get info.

"Hello 911! My bike was just stolen!"
"Okay, what's the license plate number so we can identify it if it's on the streets?"
"..."

Removing the license plate is the first thing a thief does.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom