Turn signal / DRL | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turn signal / DRL

joey12jet

Hi, I did a retrofit on my headlight and I want to use the halo as drl/turn signal just like audi cars. I rewire the switch, then rewire drl using 2 relays. It was working fine. The blink is at decent pace, but after a ride the pilot light on the dash stoped working. The drl/turn signal still works at the front and back.

How do I replace or check if my pilot light is bad?

Zx6r 03

Ill post a vid and picture of my diagram.

Thanks,
Joey

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

New Wiring diagram
1fc0bddfd3a8f9fc1cd50c9ceea60362.jpg

That looks cool and it's much more visible than crappy integrated turn signal. It may increase your heat score if a cop takes exception to the flashing white light though. They are also technically way too close together to comply and at a distance it would be hard to tell which way you were planning on going.

Do the lights have any electronics or just resistors and leds? If they are just resistors and leds, the indicator failure is likely unrelated and just died due to time or being jostled by the project (either wiring or bulb failure). If there were electronics there could be a chance they don't appreciate flashing and a causing a current spike that took out the indicator.

Ill take a risk for now. I have turn signal on the mirror as well so this is just an extra.

They are both plain led without resistors and i have blinker for leds as well thats why the blink is normal. I wonder if the dash pilot just blown by age. It was working fine then it suddenly stopped while on the highway. I thought I blew the fuse but when I check after the ride, all lights still works except for the pilot.

Whats the difference between that and my setup? If it ia going to the same bike the distance will be the same.

It definitely has a certain "cool" factor.

Not sure if it's legal (ie if the cops would use it as a reason to pull you over for improper turn signals). Turn signals need to be a certain distance apart in order for other motorists to tell if you plan to turn left or right. May also have to be yellow/amber in colour.

I would also be concerned about passing a safety when/if selling the bike. I suggest keeping the old parts just in case you need to convert it back to stock.

It definitely has a certain "cool" factor.

Not sure if it's legal (ie if the cops would use it as a reason to pull you over for improper turn signals). Turn signals need to be a certain distance apart in order for other motorists to tell if you plan to turn left or right. May also have to be yellow/amber in colour.

I would also be concerned about passing a safety when/if selling the bike. I suggest keeping the old parts just in case you need to convert it back to stock.
I have turn signal at the tip of my mirror which is the widest space there is on a bike.

To return it to original i just need to remove the 2 relays that I installed and rewire to original.

It will definitely attract cops eyes.

Back
Top Bottom