Looking for R6 parts - rear shock, steering damper, cartridge kit ... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for R6 parts - rear shock, steering damper, cartridge kit ...

george_belafonte

Hi everyone,

I've been slowly been building my track bike from a stock R6 this year. I've got it all dialed in now, I'm just missing the more expensive ohlins/penske stuff
- steering damper
- fork cartridge or valve kit
- rear shock
- spare wheels
- spare bodywork
- spare subframe

If anyone is selling used parts from his or her track bike I would be interested.

What year?

Check the WERA forum. This is a popular bike so there should be plenty of parts.

Hi everyone,

I've been slowly been building my track bike from a stock R6 this year. I've got it all dialed in now, I'm just missing the more expensive ohlins/penske stuff
- steering damper
- fork cartridge or valve kit
- rear shock
- spare wheels
- spare bodywork
- spare subframe

If anyone is selling used parts from his or her track bike I would be interested.

PM sent.

If your bike is Canadian you can get the ECU flashed to disable the immobilizer so you can use a keyless ignition.

You can do some other freaky stuff like turn the speedo into a gear indicator (10 for first gear, 20 for second gear, etc. You can tape off the right digit so you only see 1, 2, 3) or if you want to keep your speedo you can at least calibrate it for your sprockets.

For steering dampers I really love Hyperpro RSC active dampers.

For your forks go see John at http://www.acceltechracing.com/index.htm he'll polish your tubes, put ultra low friction seals and wipers in, custom valves, springs, stoppers, and way better compression/rebound adjusters. Insane difference vs. stock.

If your bike is Canadian you can get the ECU flashed to disable the immobilizer so you can use a keyless ignition.

You can do some other freaky stuff like turn the speedo into a gear indicator (10 for first gear, 20 for second gear, etc. You can tape off the right digit so you only see 1, 2, 3) or if you want to keep your speedo you can at least calibrate it for your sprockets.

For steering dampers I really love Hyperpro RSC active dampers.

For your forks go see John at http://www.acceltechracing.com/index.htm he'll polish your tubes, put ultra low friction seals and wipers in, custom valves, springs, stoppers, and way better compression/rebound adjusters. Insane difference vs. stock.

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check John this fall for the forks. Someone else at Grand Bend told me that a good re-valve kit makes night and day difference compared to stock forks, and I wouldn't mind the cheaper option!

And yes I have had my ECU flashed by the guy in Whitby in his car, I forgot his name (I found his info on this forum). Less engine braking, quickshifter ready (I bought one from Danos' performance since, it works great), and the map for full exhaust. I'll need to reflash it when I do the 520 conversion and change sprocket.

And yes I have had my ECU flashed by the guy in Whitby in his car, I forgot his name (I found his info on this forum). Less engine braking, quickshifter ready (I bought one from Danos' performance since, it works great), and the map for full exhaust. I'll need to reflash it when I do the 520 conversion and change sprocket.
Jamie is his name, I hear he gives everyone one re-flash for free (to correct speedo errors when you change the sprockets or for any other reason) ;)

Nice that the Danos quickshifter works well, they've improved the quality tons. Are you running reverse/GP shift? Didn't have any problems inserting the pin in the ECU connector?

Jamie is his name, I hear he gives everyone one re-flash for free (to correct speedo errors when you change the sprockets or for any other reason) ;)

Nice that the Danos quickshifter works well, they've improved the quality tons. Are you running reverse/GP shift? Didn't have any problems inserting the pin in the ECU connector?

No it was super easy to install. Then I just needed to make adjustment on the position of the gear shifter so make my shifts easier, and now it's perfect. And yes GP shift. I find it much easier when accelerating out of corners, and now I've gotten used to down shift by pulling. I took my street bike yesterday for a spin and got all messed up :(

Back
Top Bottom