Tuning Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tuning Question

06gtpony

Hey folks...
I have what's probably a really stupid question about bike tunes and tuners.

I just bought a mint condition (bone stock) 07 GSXR750...and I'm looking to do some upgrades.

My last bike (03 600) has this insanely cool lumpy cam sound when at idle (purchased it already modified), and I'd like to do the same with my 07.

Question is: is this done using a power commander tuner? Or am I missing something here?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
-Mark

A rough, unstable idle is never an objective of a serious tuner ... it may be an unavoidable side effect. (Cam timing, exhaust system, etc.)

I don't know how you would intentionally do that with a PowerCommander or anything similar. Air/fuel ratio out of whack down near idle, too lean verging on misfire, might do it.

How much tunability does a PC give you? Can you pick A/F ratio/cylinder or play with spark timing/cylinder?

Do you have video of sound you like? Was it just an ineffective muffler?

this is what my 03 sounded similar to at idle...

https://youtu.be/kOSyY_O43_s

Thanks, it sounds to me like it is just an aftermarket muffler making the difference.

Try watching something like the video below to find the sound you are looking for. Be aware that some are bleeping loud and put you heat score up substantially (actually pretty much everything in this video is dbag loud on the street).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAyeNMj_-XM

Toronto is considering including specific restrictions on motorcycle noise (and oakville and caledon already have done so). I wouldn't be dropping big money on an exhaust if I didn't have a good grasp on what would probably pass.

A lumpy erratic idle is a sign of tuning issues, unless a negative byproduct of installing cams or adjusting timing for higher performance.

Kind of like people on my car forum that ask what Blow off valve to buy to get the fluttering noise they hear like in Fast and Furious movies.
BOV flutter = bad. Very bad

Back
Top Bottom