Toxoplasma Gondii: the parasite that sells motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toxoplasma Gondii: the parasite that sells motorcycles

J_F

Toxo is a parasite found in cat feces.
Anyone who's had a cat in the house for some time is at risk.

After the initial common cold like symptoms wear off, the infected appear to be unaffected.

But the parasite sets up house in the brain, and can cause changes in behaviour.

For men, it means challenging authority, risk taking and poor decision making.
Just the sort of thinking that makes a guy buy a bike, and most are infected.

For women, it makes them more open, flirty, sexually attractive and spend more.
Sounds like a great sort of gal, they get a better deal than the dudes.

Pretty sure I have it, long list of questionable decisions and a life long rider.

https://www.nextnature.net/2011/02/the-cat-parasite-that-sells-motorcycles/

Sounds like a virus

Toxo is a parasite found in cat feces.
Anyone who's had a cat in the house for some time is at risk.

After the initial common cold like symptoms wear off, the infected appear to be unaffected.

But the parasite sets up house in the brain, and can cause changes in behaviour.

For men, it means challenging authority, risk taking and poor decision making.
Just the sort of thinking that makes a guy buy a bike, and most are infected.

For women, it makes them more open, flirty, sexually attractive and spend more.
Sounds like a great sort of gal, they get a better deal than the dudes.

Pretty sure I have it, long list of questionable decisions and a life long rider.

https://www.nextnature.net/2011/02/the-cat-parasite-that-sells-motorcycles/

C'mon really? Most men that have cats are limp-wristed wimps, if what you say its true then cat owners would be like UFC fighters and have more cojones than Evel Knievel.

Researchers have discovered links between TG and things like schizophrenia or neurotic behaviour (violent suicide being the most concerning). I don't know if any hard conclusions have been made as of yet. Felines and rodents aren't the only vector, either. Undercooked meats, or insuffciently washed fruits and vegetables are another. Human behaviour is pretty complicated though, so you might want to hold off drowning your cat.

We are hosts for untold thousands of different bacteria, some of which can vary meaningfully from one person to the next. We have 10x more bacterial cells in us than body cells, and we have virtually no idea what they do.

It's almost hubris to descibe our behaviour as belonging to us. It's probably closer to the truth to say we're simply the vessels that output whatever combination of symptoms these bacteria cultivate inside us.

I've heard about this a few years ago. It's only common in feral cats or outdoor cats, not indoor-only house cats. There's an article out there somewhere of a neurosurgeon in the states who realizes he contracted toxoplasmosis and documents his behavior changes etc. It was interesting..

Back
Top Bottom