Warming tires and throttle control | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warming tires and throttle control

To warm up my throttle control I firmly hold the throttle wide open after start up. This warms the engine and rev limiter up thoroughly. Then 2-3 burnouts while again on the rev limiter ensures the back tire is warmed followed by a few stoppies to get the front up to working temperature. I am then ready to hit the ramps and dodge in and out of the Gta traffic.
I believe that is the "Lee Sharps Method".

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I took an advanced riding course. Sharp Rider and they taught the Total Control program and they had us weaving to warm up our tires. There is a big explanation why you do so. My advice is learn your bike and operate safely. Then take an advanced riding course. Well worth your time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I do it for the core workout. Too much chicken strips yo.

I took an advanced riding course. Sharp Rider and they taught the Total Control program and they had us weaving to warm up our tires. There is a big explanation why you do so. My advice is learn your bike and operate safely. Then take an advanced riding course. Well worth your time and money.

I should try this.

Care to share?

Ask Cutekill, she teaches it.

She was my instructor and also a good friend. Trust me that course is amazing. I did River road today and boy what a difference. Somebody straightened out those corners

If you don't take risks while your young, you'll have no great stories when your old

I usually put the tire warmers on 1 hr before I leave the house, then keep it at race pace all the way to Lawrence ramps to keep the heat in the tires

I did River road today and boy what a difference. Somebody straightened out those corners

I used to love that road. I've had too many close calls on it. Now I take it at a leisurly pace.

Careful of cars crossing your path to turn quickly into side streets. I had an SUV do that mid corner.
Also deer and debris. The road condition is starting to degrade quite a bit.

Sometimes I'll weave a bit before a twisty segment, but it's more just mental and physical prep (and fun) before leaning the bike over...not really anything to do with traction. That said, after riding in any dirt or mud I'll do it to try and shake anything off that might have stuck to the tire.

As for throttle...roll off a bit coming into the corner and/or brake, then hold until the apex, then roll on/throttle out.

to warm up my throttle control i firmly hold the throttle wide open after start up. This warms the engine and rev limiter up thoroughly. Then 2-3 burnouts while again on the rev limiter ensures the back tire is warmed followed by a few stoppies to get the front up to working temperature. I am then ready to hit the ramps and dodge in and out of the gta traffic.

gospel

Back
Top Bottom