Feedback on AM Sales | GTAMotorcycle.com

Feedback on AM Sales

sburns

Hey All

I should have my M2 by tomorrow!

I have already been looking around for bikes, shops, insurance, etc.

Noticed this dealer in Toronto has a used bike I might be interested in. Just curious what thoughts people might have about dealing with them etc.
For reference http://www.amsalestoronto.com/

Please share

S

servicing Toronto's Motorcycle needs for over 25 years.

I must have missed them for 25 years...never heard of them before. Looks like they do all sorts of used vehicles.

Last edited:
Slimy vibes when I went in there. They only had two bike salesmen at the time so I had to wait around for 30-40min to ask about the bike I was interested in and to start it up. Finally the salesman comes (bald guy) and starts the bike for me on full choke for about 10 seconds, then turns it off. He returns to his original customer he was dealing with, so I continue to investigate the bike. All looked ok, little wear and tear and the bike was American which turned me off a little. I decided to start it up for myself. Turned off the choke and started to blip the revs. Blue smoke started to come out from all corners of that v twin. Turned the bike off and walked right out.

Slimy vibes when I went in there. They only had two bike salesmen at the time so I had to wait around for 30-40min to ask about the bike I was interested in and to start it up. Finally the salesman comes (bald guy) and starts the bike for me on full choke for about 10 seconds, then turns it off. He returns to his original customer he was dealing with, so I continue to investigate the bike. All looked ok, little wear and tear and the bike was American which turned me off a little. I decided to start it up for myself. Turned off the choke and started to blip the revs. Blue smoke started to come out from all corners of that v twin. Turned the bike off and walked right out.

What exactly does blipping do?

"Blip the revs"

Makes blue smoke of course!

I'm gonna guess it's a dealer plug from OP

Those guys are right around the corner from me and they've been around a while so they're obviously doing something right.
They used to sell mostly decommissioned police bikes.

I've owned a US bike here before. If they've been registered properly with MTO then it's no issue.

Definitely SPAM.

New registration, first post and closing statement is "please share".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely SPAM.

New registration, first post and closing statement is "please share".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What someone can't have a first post???? C'mon

I literally got my M2 this morning, but I have been window shopping bikes for a week or two, and only found this forum recently
This shop has a bike I am interested, but judging from the website it didn't leave me with much, thus the post topic.

What bike?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Update so I went there today after getting my temp M2.
It is a very basic shop no frills with the bikes parked in a garage.

The owner was easy enough to chat with and generally pleasant. But yes they bikes all seem to come from the States. So no history etc. Same feeling, didn't sit well. The bike I was interested in was in great shape, everything appeared to be in place, no visible damage, or scraps in engine or body work. The only thing which stood out was the level of tread left on the tire. I am use to car tires with the level in the grove to tell you how low it is. If the same style measurement is used on motorcycles then something wasn't right as it seemed to low.

He did the same thing. We fired up the bike and he let it run for 10 sec then off.... I asked him to start it again and rev it a few times (for vibration) and then let it idle. I couldn't tell if blue smoke came out but something didn't smell right. But myself being new around bikes I am not sure what exactly I am looking for. Plus being inside may have made it worse. Then again it was fuel injected so there shouldn't be any oil burning unless something else is wrong.

They also do not offer any kind of warranty, nothing. I don't feel good about that. Since most other shops seem to offer something. But they will sell you an aftermarket warranty though.

What bike?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Looking at a 2012 harley-davidson Electra Glide Police with 27,000
I am 6'2" so this fits well. Will let me grow as my skill improves, well that is my thinking.

With it being a Police version I was curious if the engine was tuned different then a normal 103, and possible other considerations like that.

Update so I went there today after getting my temp M2.
It is a very basic shop no frills with the bikes parked in a garage.

The owner was easy enough to chat with and generally pleasant. But yes they bikes all seem to come from the States. So no history etc. Same feeling, didn't sit well. The bike I was interested in was in great shape, everything appeared to be in place, no visible damage, or scraps in engine or body work. The only thing which stood out was the level of tread left on the tire. I am use to car tires with the level in the grove to tell you how low it is. If the same style measurement is used on motorcycles then something wasn't right as it seemed to low.

He did the same thing. We fired up the bike and he let it run for 10 sec then off.... I asked him to start it again and rev it a few times (for vibration) and then let it idle. I couldn't tell if blue smoke came out but something didn't smell right. But myself being new around bikes I am not sure what exactly I am looking for. Plus being inside may have made it worse. Then again it was fuel injected so there shouldn't be any oil burning unless something else is wrong.

They also do not offer any kind of warranty, nothing. I don't feel good about that. Since most other shops seem to offer something. But they will sell you an aftermarket warranty though.

Having a company that will stand behind the bike they sell you, even if it is only for 3 months is definitely a good thing. Shop around, don't let the excitement of your first bike get into your head and steer you away from good judgement. You will find a wealth of knowledge here and on other bike forums. My first bike was constantly in the shop and never ran right, I was 16. I still had fun, but I think the frustration was much higher. In hind site I would have saved up more money for something I could just sit on, start and ride.

What exactly does blipping do?

It was a carberated bike so I blipped it to see how warm the engine was and if it would chug under revs. You should always rev the bike if your able to start one up at a dealership

I literally got my M2 this morning, but I have been window shopping bikes for a week or two, and only found this forum recently
This shop has a bike I am interested, but judging from the website it didn't leave me with much, thus the post topic.

Congrats. And welcome to GTAM.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers!

My take on this is stay away from bald bike salesmen.

Nothing to be on about now, but your first post read like a spam promo for a business. Especially with the "Please share" line. So, Welcome.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I may post a new thread to get thoughts on the 2012 harley-davidson Electra Glide Police with 27,000 mil

Still internally debating used vrs new since our season is limited, and I have missed half of it.
Itching to get out and ride, but trying to resist the quick buying urge.

Back
Top Bottom