Go Pro Frame broke. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Go Pro Frame broke.

cycling

Site Supporter
As the above post states. Riding along at normal speed, Country road.
Look down and my Go Pro is Gone.
Broke at the section where it is mounted on the Female/Male section.
Unfortunately, Lost and gone.
Get home, download the rear camera.
Saw it bounce, and then get lost in the undergrowth.
Went back to the area where I thought it might be.
No luck.
Just a heads up for anybody that runs a Go Pro or any camera with breaking points, tie it down.

Just above where the bolt goes through.

https://shop.gopro.com/on/demandwar...default/dwe88015f0/hi-res/AHSRH-401_main2.jpg

That sucks, I know how it feels.. I lost my Sena 20S somewhere on the 401 when the retention pin let go.

crappy... any buddies with a metal detector? If you have video of where it flew off, it should be find-able you'd think!

Thanks for that. Yes, had a rough idea of where it came off. It must have bounced at least 15` on it`s first bounce. After that it is just a guess.I went back just at the off chance, complete with bug spray, long clothing. Have a friend with a metal detector. Don`t really want him to get eaten alive in the brush. Really written it off. Boo Hoo. :-( Oh well, C`est la vie)

Safety tethers are a good idea (assuming they don't let the camera swing somewhere problematic [like into a wheel]).

Did it break through the hole, or at the top of the tabs? Did you notice any cracking beforehand?

I watched an entertaining video of someone that lost an expensive video camera (similar to an SLR) from a paraglider. They found it much later, it had landed lens down and punched ~10" into the mud. The camera was very upset about life but the footage survived. It kept recording for a bit after it hit the ground.

Safety tethers are a good idea (assuming they don't let the camera swing somewhere problematic [like into a wheel]).

Did it break through the hole, or at the top of the tabs? Did you notice any cracking beforehand?

I watched an entertaining video of someone that lost an expensive video camera (similar to an SLR) from a paraglider. They found it much later, it had landed lens down and punched ~10" into the mud. The camera was very upset about life but the footage survived. It kept recording for a bit after it hit the ground.
Yes you are correct. Will tether the new one.
Just above where the bolt runs through. Not where the holes are. Did not see any signs of it being cracked. It was a Go Pro Hero 3. Bought it in the States about 5 years ago. $200 USD at Target.
Not going to cry about it too much. Had a 64gb and the extra battery attached.
Going to Sportschek to pick up a Go Pro Hero 4. Bolton. 10% discount if I get a Canadian Tire Master card. Will pay it off immediately as to avoid the extra charges.
OTD $406.

Back
Top Bottom