Action cam mounts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Action cam mounts

jc100

I have a Garmin Virb Elite cam that's attached to the lower crashbars of a KTM 1290 Super Adventure (it's a big twin) with a RAM mount ball and arm. I thought that would be the best place to put it but the vibrations there are not doing me any favours for video quality. Is there a mount that's vibration damped that anyone recommends or is there a better place to put this? I already have a helmet mount cam so want one cam on the bike too. This isn't for filming wheelies or anything it's for insurance stuff or if anything interesting pops up. Came across a deer in the road today north of Highway 7 but the quality of the video isn't great.

I'm using a RAM mount that has a right angle end opposite the ball and a pipe clamp to attach that to the crashbars, the RAM arm connecting the ball to the camera is a short 2" one. I'm not even sure they sell this type of RAM clamp anymore.

I eliminated my mirrors with bar end ones and put RAM balls on the OEM mirror holes, would that work better if the cam was put up there? Yes I know I could go and test it but someone here must have done all this already?

For the least vibration affecting the video do I want the camera closest to the frame of the bike or furthest away on a vibration damped arm?

I tried a million things, finally the only thing that i found to work was like a strap mount that you can strap to your chest, it serves the function of keeping the cam out of the wind therefore eliminating noise, and allowing me to capture the sound of the bike.

Test rode a Harley a few days ago, there was no vibration(and harleys have those in abundance) in the video

So i guess it eliminates wind noise and vibration.

I got the strap with a kit when i bought the gopro, it was cheap, and well worth it, came with every possible conceivable mounting system imaginable

I tried a million things, finally the only thing that i found to work was like a strap mount that you can strap to your chest, it serves the function of keeping the cam out of the wind therefore eliminating noise, and allowing me to capture the sound of the bike.

Test rode a Harley a few days ago, there was no vibration(and harleys have those in abundance) in the video

So i guess it eliminates wind noise and vibration.

I got the strap with a kit when i bought the gopro, it was cheap, and well worth it, came with every possible conceivable mounting system imaginable

I'd rather not strap anything else to me...it takes forever to get ready to ride as it is....cooling jacket, jacket, airbag vest, earplugs, helmet liner, helmet, gloves. Someone must sell a decent cheap vibration damper for these things by now?

Meh, can look around

but it really takes maybe 20s tops to put it on, and it solves so many problems for me at once that i find its worth it
Its also easy to adjust settings or modes on the gopro because its so accessible and you can easily check the footage etc.

Back
Top Bottom