Beware the forks today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware the forks today

bigpoppa

Some fellas bmw being towed....opp sneakin round, if your headin up there today
aeedd2622521a24656a65779d6351ce2.jpg
06d87053a6479565ee34b7075c9f5106.jpg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Of all the bikes to get HTA 172'ed, a single cylinder F650?

Of all the bikes to get HTA 172'ed, a single cylinder F650?

I thought the same thing, but you could get 50 over on FOTC on a 125. Also a possibility the tow truck is unrelated to the police.

Any comments on the tie down? Rear grab handles wouldn't be my first choice for a fully unsupported bike but it's probably ok. The front straps look like they go awfully far forward. I just don't like the whole setup.

Look at all that fancy plastic. An expensive crotch-rocket, no doubt. I heard it scared a mother, cappuccino and stroller off the road.

I suspect it was something with licence or paperwork not a traffic stop - perhaps riding uninsured../ ...I was up there the entire time it was going on.

The bike was in the parking lot and then the cops pulled in later.....unless he ran on the Forks then got spotted.

Why warn the bad riders? Why not get them off the road, and have it safer for all?

I'm just an optimist at heart

I think we have a sarchasm

I thought the same thing, but you could get 50 over on FOTC on a 125. Also a possibility the tow truck is unrelated to the police.

Any comments on the tie down? Rear grab handles wouldn't be my first choice for a fully unsupported bike but it's probably ok. The front straps look like they go awfully far forward. I just don't like the whole setup.

Almost anything can do HTA172 speeds. My 125 is a different beast but I had to slow myself down on my last highway run after looking down and being glad there were no cops around or I'd be on a tow truck, too.

OPP was at the forks when we passed through late one Monday even a few weeks ago...and that was at around 6-7PM, long after the crotch rocket crowds had retreated. Walked past one officer while out and about, waved and said hello while still in my gear, got a friendly wave and hello back...no issues.

Guess they don't care about us couch riders. ;)

I might head down there in a bit, probably be there around 11:15. I'm on a black CBR300R with bags, Icon helmet and vest. Come say hi!

Last edited:
A guy from Keswick got nailed big time at Forks of the Credit earlier this month, doing 135 km/h in the 50 km/h area. Don't be that guy.

Was there yesterday. Popos were camping out in strategic locations like right around corners. Luckily a fellow rider going in the opposite direction warned me ahead of time. Saw some folks get a ticket in front of me. Maintained speed limit throughout the ride.

Last edited:
Also heard there are occasional residents in the area who intentionally throw dirt in the middle of the road/corners there

Back
Top Bottom