My summer of stator failures.....sigh | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My summer of stator failures.....sigh

Yes Virginia it WAS a bad stator and flywheel that Honda is replacing for free... :D.

Have to ride the Mule for the week....got spiffy new shoes on too.....K60s.
Free is good. So is having a second bike for times like this.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yeah - even the dealer was relieved I had a second bike so I would not bug him every day. Just wanted to find out about the battery which seems to be okay.
Will get it back later next week.

All fixed up and it fixed the low rpm hesitation which I found out was a sign of a failing stator....
cost ??? ZERO :D

Hmmmmph ...one little parting nip from the stator monster....

I had removed the headlight fuse to try and get to the dealer......went out at 8 pm while it was still light and didn't really notice the missing headlight until I turned on the Forks. Oops.....hmmmm...not sure where the fuse was and was still a bit light. No flashlight with me either. I knew there were no spares ( the Vstrom has spares )

So sucked it up ....ghosted down Mississauga road and cut back over to the HWY10 and 403 south...lots of street lights and I did have turn signals so just motored south shadowing likely cars ....even scooted past a parked OPP on 10 but was hidden by the traffic.

Will go out and get a few fuses and tape them in. The CBF does not have emergency flashers either ......a bit annoying.
Reminded me of 50 years ago when my RD400 blew a fuse on 140 north of Sudbury at night ....of course that highway is realllllllly empty....not a light to be had until I ghosted into Sudbury behind a convenient car.

He must have wondered about this single orange light behind him ( only the parking light worked ).

Follies of youth ....less dramatic repeat tonight .....but better this lesson about no spares now than on a long trip.

Ack ...went out and I did have the fuse with me AND the CBF does have spares...good to know. :D

Last edited:
Might it be similar issues that plague the VFR's?
Something about bad connections and not robust enough wiring leading the rectifyer to overheat, and something something also affecting the stator eventually?

My 5th gen VFR ate 2 RegRecs in 3 years. Plug from Stator to RegRec melted and burnt the second time. Fixed it and sold the bike. Really miss it.

Back
Top Bottom