Haliburton Crash | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haliburton Crash

I ride 118 to the cottage all the time. Cant tell you how many times cars pull across the the center line to pass the car ahead of them, only to go head on with me going the other way.

Im not saying thats what happened, but i wouldnt be surprised at all

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

There is a time and place for every action - common sense usually needs to kick in before that action occurs otherwise **** like this happens.

As the saying goes, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Luckily for us we are still around to trade stories and hopefully live to the point where we are almost there that cars will start driving themselves (for our sake) as we know most people with licences can't be bothered to drive and have a car or vehicle as they are the typical point a to point b user.

I ride 118 to the cottage all the time. Cant tell you how many times cars pull across the the center line to pass the car ahead of them, only to go head on with me going the other way.

Im not saying thats what happened, but i wouldnt be surprised at all

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Safe to assume you are in the right tire track for better visibility?
Could I entertain you with this neat pamphlet of why it is "in" to dress like a power ranger?

-White ranger.

I ride the same road all the time and this has never happened to me.

I'm always a little surprised by GTA forum members who say they have cars cutting them off, turning left in front of them or actively trying to kill them every time they ride. This is just not my experience, it's dangerous out there and you have to ride very defensively, but actual incidences are on the bike are very few and far between in the last 15 years.

I'm always a little surprised by GTA forum members who say they have cars cutting them off, turning left in front of them or actively trying to kill them every time they ride. This is just not my experience, it's dangerous out there and you have to ride very defensively, but actual incidences are on the bike are very few and far between in the last 15 years.

Depends on which neighbourhood you live in in the GTA...

Depends on which neighbourhood you live in in the GTA...

He's never been to to Brampton from the sounds of it or downtown Toronto where the cabbies are trying to kill you just because they dont pay attention regardless of what you are driving.

I ride the same road all the time and this has never happened to me.

Dunno what to tell ya, you must be a really good rider

He's never been to to Brampton from the sounds of it or downtown Toronto where the cabbies are trying to kill you just because they dont pay attention regardless of what you are driving.

Just 30 minutes ago, I watched a car make a u-turn right in front of a speeding truck on Warden just north of Steeles. If that guy didn't notice a truck, no hope in hell he would have seen a motorcycle.

Safe to assume you are in the right tire track for better visibility?
Could I entertain you with this neat pamphlet of why it is "in" to dress like a power ranger?

-White ranger.

Generally you want to be in the left tire track if it's only one lane though (obviously there are exceptions to the rule). The downsides to being in the right tire track is that vehicles behind may think you are pulling off, are a slower moving vehicle, plus the likely hood of picking up crap from the shoulder. Vehicles passing will see you regardless of tire track if they are pulling out to pass as long as they actually look.

Saying that though, I have read and am a subscriber to power rangers monthly.

Generally you want to be in the left tire track if it's only one lane though (obviously there are exceptions to the rule). The downsides to being in the right tire track is that vehicles behind may think you are pulling off, are a slower moving vehicle, plus the likely hood of picking up crap from the shoulder. Vehicles passing will see you regardless of tire track if they are pulling out to pass as long as they actually look.

Saying that though, I have read and am a subscriber to power rangers monthly.

Adding to the right track problems is if they are a big enough ahole, they will think they can fit between you and the car they are passing. The left tire track makes them commit to murdering you on a pass instead of just doing it accidentally.

Reread my post. I didn't say it never happens, it's just a rare occurrence, maybe once or twice a season.

If it makes everyone feel better about 35 years ago, on a 2 lane road outside of Montreal, I pass an MG with a women driver and then she speeds up to keep pace with me. A few km later a car is coming in the opposite direction and I move from the left tire track to the right to give me more space and reaction time just in case. Suddenly the oncoming car pulls onto the shoulder at highway speed leaving the driver side wheels just on the edge of the pavement and an instant later the MG passes me on the left straddling the 2 lanes. So for a split second we're 3 vehicles side by side on a 2 lane highway. As she accelerates away I get the finger from her. The oncoming driver saved the day on this one.

So yes, there are idiots out there, always have been.

Every time a small car in front of me rides the gravel/dirt apex of an on ramp leaving 2 car lengths of space to the left, especially at a lower speed than the suggested speed sign, the thought of "I could pass this person..." always races through my mind... Followed by the thought of , "They'd also likely jerk their wheel into me if I tried".

I regularly pass cars on the inside on ramp if there is room and they're going too slow. I saw a cloud of dust one time probably because the driver panicked after I passed him.

Another thing that really ****ing irritates me are people who don't turn into the right lane when turning right, or left when turning left. This is what the car horn and my foot is for if I'm riding.

...........I'm going track only again once I get my funds up. Street riding sucks. Hell, driving ****ing sucks. #TTCForever

If it makes everyone feel better about 35 years ago, on a 2 lane road outside of Montreal, I pass an MG with a women driver and then she speeds up to keep pace with me. A few km later a car is coming in the opposite direction and I move from the left tire track to the right to give me more space and reaction time just in case. Suddenly the oncoming car pulls onto the shoulder at highway speed leaving the driver side wheels just on the edge of the pavement and an instant later the MG passes me on the left straddling the 2 lanes. So for a split second we're 3 vehicles side by side on a 2 lane highway. As she accelerates away I get the finger from her. The oncoming driver saved the day on this one.

Passing into oncoming vehicles was normal in both France and Quebec ..three abreast ...startled me the first time in France.

I suspect it has died out.

I have had three runs and two incidences which were both on the motorbike due to Quebec drivers complete basket cases on the road and try to avoid anything with a Quebec licence plate like the plague either in car or bike.

油井緋色;2515854 said:
I regularly pass cars on the inside on ramp if there is room and they're going too slow. I saw a cloud of dust one time probably because the driver panicked after I passed him.

Be interesting if you tried that one next to an unmarked police vehicle...

Just 30 minutes ago, I watched a car make a u-turn right in front of a speeding truck on Warden just north of Steeles. If that guy didn't notice a truck, no hope in hell he would have seen a motorcycle.

Was that truck traveling in the same original direction as the car or approaching from the opposite direction when the U-turn was performed?
I recall a motorcyclist was killed earlier this year on Bayview due to impact with a U-turning car. :(

油井緋色;2515854 said:
I regularly pass cars on the inside on ramp...

You're an idiot and an a$$hole.

油井緋色;2515854 said:
...I'm going track only again once I get my funds up.

This can't happen soon enough. You're no more important than anyone else. Get off the road.

via Tapatalk

Driver of the vehicle worked all night, was up all day and fell asleep at the wheel.....and drifted over...from what I was told he was only charged with careless driving.
Haven't found a reference yet. Is this your speculation or fact?
I spoke with a fellow a couple of days ago who claims to be friends with this group. In fact, he was supposed to be on the ride, but couldn't make it.

His described the accident exactly as written above. Tragic.

via Tapatalk

油井緋色;2515854 said:

Another thing that really ****ing irritates me are people who don't turn into the right lane when turning right, or left when turning left. This is what the car horn and my foot is for if I'm riding.

...........I'm going track only again once I get my funds up. Street riding sucks. Hell, driving ****ing sucks. #TTCForever
There will be a pinecone there one day

Back
Top Bottom