Calabogie this Weekend | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calabogie this Weekend

Yes that was me, I remember speaking to you under the shade when we were held up. The app Is great, the screenshot I posted in this thread is from that app and the gpx160 is great as well because of 10Hz (10 readings per second) and the battery on that things lasted full day. built in gps from the phone sucked because it can only do 1hz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Red CBR1000RR with green tape on mirrors and lights. You were in green group? What bike?

I was in red group, green and black ZX6R, #817. Just curious as I was watching a bit.

Red CBR1000RR with green tape on mirrors and lights. You were in green group? What bike?

I was in green group with you (and there with doozerdave). I was on the blue GSXR. You are doing well in green group but as I suggested in the pit you need to get off the bike and get comfortable with body position. You do not move at all... I like your app thing though, very cool !

Which app are you using Samurai? Thx

2b5612a9965d2c1cd604dfc2da9819f0.jpg

9ce495790d96e6632e37366a4bc1eb50.jpg

5ca751e0f9dc78931dd78beb093be1b5.jpg

Track Addict with XGPS160 Bluetooth Receiver (taped on the end of the bike with the same 3m locking tape you use for the 407 transponder)

Provides a variety of views/data points.

Last edited:
I was in green group with you (and there with doozerdave). I was on the blue GSXR. You are doing well in green group but as I suggested in the pit you need to get off the bike and get comfortable with body position. You do not move at all... I like your app thing though, very cool !

Hello again, you were one of the riders who was passing me and I tried to keep up with you and build some confidence, you were very good with the post position. I improved in the second half of Tuesday.

I was in red group, green and black ZX6R, #817. Just curious as I was watching a bit.

Good to know, it helps when others give feedback or to look at the data and compare with others' or to watch the videos etc. Going to try and get an instructor to point out all the areas of opportunity that I have not yet found myself.

Last edited:

I remember you. I was in a white suit in green group on the black Pro6 rental R6 #20 on the Monday. We passed each other a couple times. I was there with Doozer Dave & GSXR Girl.

Nice app, but I'd be nervous taking my phone onto the track.

Yes I do remember you as well, good riding. I tried to keep up with those who passed me :)

I planned to use an old android phone but forgot it at home, next time I plan to mount the phone on the tank using a pouch or 3m locking tape rather than putting in the inside pocket of the suit.

Looking at your data logging is interesting. I don't know for sure how fast I am in any of the corners. I glance at my speedometer sometimes but it's nowhere near accurate with the gearing changes. I should get a used phone for cheap on kijiji and get onto this cheap GPS data logging band wagon. I can see how it could help greatly to identify areas of inconsistency lap to lap.

Yes lots of data in nice format, you can compare laps to see where you started to lag behind in one lap vs the other (last image) and many different types of data pints depending on what the gps sensor
Can capture. Too much coasting in my case :)

bb3090aac372f64c9e6841aeffc120d0.jpg

f898389c4a06759ea4aac12890ee54db.jpg
931634858eb886054d211c35aba23155.jpg
9a02804a7533fc4e7d93b6fc9258bad9.jpg
36bbc27656f5b0fa270bde23df7209f3.jpg

I remember you. I was in a white suit in green group on the black Pro6 rental R6 #20 on the Monday. We passed each other a couple times. I was there with Doozer Dave & GSXR Girl.

Nice app, but I'd be nervous taking my phone onto the track.

@face, you had a GoPro at the back of your bike, was it pointing forward or backwards? Any footage if it was pointed backwards?

@face, you had a GoPro at the back of your bike, was it pointing forward or backwards? Any footage if it was pointed backwards?

For sessions 3, 5 & 6, it was facing forward. It tells me that my butt is getting off ok, but I need to get my elbows up and head out more.

For sessions 4, it was facing backwards. I made this video of GXSR Girl. There is some of you later in the session. I'm busy tomorrow and on the weekend, but I'll see if I can post it early next week.

https://youtu.be/O7OYEJ2GFvY

ed7b00a86fe83ee6b68f1cf95297f9dd.jpg

My GoPro was shaking like crazy, need better mount but here is a screenshot.

@samurai - did you have a helmet with 93 on the back? Are you that CBR1000? If so I have a video of you, at least a lap where I was trying to get past you, but 1000cc CBR vs my 'vintage' 2000 ZX-6R (green bike #18 ) wasn't really much of a match on straights

Re the GPS and other data, one thing you need to check is how the bike vs the phone is aligned to have the accelerator values make sense. I was getting weird values from just the phone itself so I kind of went crazy and built my own data acquisition system with a 9 DOF accelerometer/gyro/magnometer attached to the bike in close to centre line alignment. But it IS handy to have the data. I connected mine in my TPS and brake lever as well so I can see where I get on the gas and on/off the brake.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, yes that was me, your setup sounds good, please do share the video is you can

Last edited:

Do you have the little rubber nose plug thing that pushes into the mount to damp vibration?

thats me and face in front of you when we stopped at the red flag in corner 5. I asked you if you were ok with my pass on you between 14 and 15 and you said it was good. I couldn't get by you on the long straights so I had to use a short one.

Do you have the little rubber nose plug thing that pushes into the mount to damp vibration?

No, I thought full metal mount that goes in the stem would be better (being solid), I was wrong, will be going back to RAM Mount rubber thing. There was no vibration at all with the RAM rubber mount.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll get that other video up early next week. Jeff, you are in it too.

Back
Top Bottom