New Riders...Start with a smaller bike! | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Riders...Start with a smaller bike!

Not to drag things off topic, but I really liked the internet "wild west" of the 1990s too. Every night you were in stitches reading the outrageous posts, flame wars, etc. Then it became a business. Advertisers didn't want incorrect things going on. The boring people infiltrated everything, started complaining because they were offended. The characters got banned. Slowly but surely, the fun is fading away from the internet.

Not to drag things off topic, but I really liked the internet "wild west" of the 1990s too. Every night you were in stitches reading the outrageous posts, flame wars, etc. Then it became a business. Advertisers didn't want incorrect things going on. The boring people infiltrated everything, started complaining because they were offended. The characters got banned. Slowly but surely, the fun is fading away from the internet.

I don't like the cut of your jib!

the boring people infiltrated everything, started complaining because they were offended. The characters got banned. Slowly but surely, the fun is fading away from the internet.

There’s still lots of places that have what you seek. Checkout the cesspool that is Reddit, for one example.

nice. i have the baby scrambler (sixty2). you said you got used to the snatchy throttle, but i assume yours is a pre-2017 bike? in that year they swapped the throttle tube in all scramblers which is supposed to ease the throttle a bit more, rather than the on/off effect of the 2016 and older scramblers. pre-2017 bikes can swap over and use the new throttle tube too.
Yeah, mine is a '15, but I got the heated grips which from I understand has it's own throttle tube. In any case, once I switched to the race Termignoni slip-on with ecu upmap, the fueling was much improved and the snatchiness was gone. I also took out all the slack out in my throttle cable.

I tried a sixty2 and it was a lot of fun to rip around on. It did feel lighter than my 800 and I didn't notice any snatchiness at all.

Last edited:
'snatchiness' I had a bike like that once, it had way too much slack in the primary drive chain.

'snatchiness' I had a bike like that once, it had way too much slack in the primary drive chain.

Usually my issue too if I start to notice that.

There’s still lots of places that have what you seek. Checkout the cesspool that is Reddit, for one example.

Actually there aren't. The closest thing to "old interwebs" would be a MOBA game. Even MOBA communities are trying to kill the toxicity though.

I'd also easily argue that Reddit's system works far better than here. While Reddit definitely has its "hive mind" faults, larger communities such as /r/motorcycle tend to take a liking on clear, concise and objective reasoning (aka critical thinking.), and this is shown through the upvote/downvote system.

At the same time, there are niche communities such as /r/ForeverAlone and /r/Incels (banned now) where they result in an echo chamber similar to GTAM.

This is from the old internet btw (this video is far older than the post date)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1VV1p4NIVY

myg0t was a rage clan, before flaming became trolling, that existed to make other people's lives hell during multiplayer game matches. Most of the members are now:

A. Dead
B. In prison
C. Had a sex change (no wonder one of them was so angry!)

.........don't get gems like these anymore on the interwebs :(

油井緋色;2582001 said:
Actually there aren't. The closest thing to "old interwebs" would be a MOBA game. Even MOBA communities are trying to kill the toxicity though.

Not sure how old you are, but "online" started for me with a 300 baud modem and the world of BBS's.

Trolls were not uncommon back then. The difference was that since 99% of BBS's were local and many people knew each other or were at least in the same geographic area (because long distance phone calls at $0.50/minute to call a remote BBS were not something most people did) if you were an idiot or a troll online there was a decent chance that someday you'd have to actually stand face to face with that person and answer for it.

Now the internet is so wide and vast that for many 99.99% of the people one may interact online with on a daily basis are people you have 0% chance of ever meeting in person.

This is why people are so willing to say things online that they would never say to someone they actually knew, or someone standing in front of them.

Back in the BBS days if you said stupid things, you might end up on the receiving end of a fist one day. Now, not much happens....worst case you get banned from a forum...and move onto the next.

Back
Top Bottom