Favourite Riding Roads | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Favourite Riding Roads

another not local, but not too far one

HWY 101 Quebec, get on it at Temiscaming QC, just east of North Bay
ride north to Rouyn-Noranda....215 km of very nice twisty, hilly pavement
foliage is cut back far so visibility around the corners is great, scenery is fantastic
a few long stretches with no settlement so you can get into some spirited riding

401 in hellabusy traffic. It feels like you're dodging bullets.

Ontario roads are boring...but I've spoiled myself with other experiences.

401 in hellabusy traffic. It feels like you're dodging bullets.

Ontario roads are boring...but I've spoiled myself with other experiences.

You are one of those guys.....:sign12:
Depends where you live, but Ontario roads are not that boring, you just need to ride 1-2hrs north of the city to get to some nice twisty roads. Tons of nice roads in Kawartha's, Muskoka's, and Perry sound area. Yes, west of the City (London area) very boring grid roads around farm land, nothing to brag about.
Explore and get lost up north, its a blast.

Within 30 mins of Kingston there's a lot of roads to play on, heck I'm on Opinicon in about 15 mins. An hour or more and you're reasonably spoiled. That's not counting NY state either and that's 40 mins away. I'm not that familiar with places north and west of the GTA though. As mentioned before Ompah is a great place to explore around and there's a lot of roads up that way where you'll likely be on your own, add some capable tires and you have even more choices on the skidoo trails/rail trails. You could ride all day and not hit tarmac.

I rode Stelvio in 2009, Sambuca a week ago. Many of the alpine pass-roads, including Stelvio, are point-and-shoot connections between 180-degree hairpins because that's how they had to build the road to get up the side of the mountain. Sambuca (and other roads in that area) has more flowing corners and has a mixture of corner radii so that you can actually have some cornering speed. Stelvio is infested by tourists. Cars, bicycles, RVs, buses, you name it. Sambuca, at least when we were there, had little traffic on it. Scenery, yes, it's hard to beat the alps for that. So, two different situations. I'd highly recommend doing both :)

Look up the Chalet Radicosa (google will do a fine job). We were there during the week when it was quiet. It's not always like that. There's evidence that Valentino Rossi was there ... (it's about 100 km from his home town and not far from both Imola and Mugello)

You are one of those guys.....:sign12:
Depends where you live, but Ontario roads are not that boring, you just need to ride 1-2hrs north of the city to get to some nice twisty roads. Tons of nice roads in Kawartha's, Muskoka's, and Perry sound area. Yes, west of the City (London area) very boring grid roads around farm land, nothing to brag about.
Explore and get lost up north, its a blast.

I've been to all of the areas you've listed multiple times. Easily on the bottom of my list of places to "ride" for actual riding. The enjoyment in those areas is off the bike, not on. Plus you still have to deal with the gauntlet of Toronto getting there an returning (for most on here, at least). I don't have to deal with any of that mess heading south. If it's you're only option due to time/proximity/your criminal record at the border, sure, rock on.

Only place worse is south of the Appalachians heading past Georgia or east of Ontario....or anywhere West of Toronto.

Back
Top Bottom