2006 GSXR 600 R/R relocate | GTAMotorcycle.com

2006 GSXR 600 R/R relocate

gchouu

Hey guys hows it going? First time posting here but i've been reading up on relocating my rectifier/regulator. My bike recently died while my friend was riding it as we were headed somewhere and i'm getting the R/R and regulator replaced at a shop. Now I've just had it replaced last year around the same time and I do seem to be riding on pretty hot days. The fact that the R/R is placed in such a disgusting place (I'm sure alot of you guys know where it is), in between the engine and radiator which is probably a pretty bad place to have it. Was wondering if anyone has relocated it to a spot like this and if it'll make a difference in thermals so it doesn't happen again for awhile

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI0MlgxMjk1/z/BHEAAOSwaEhZNYsq/$_57.JPG

Last edited:
before I sold my gixer i moved it, just drill and tap a hole or two in the frame, (#7 drill, M6 tap) and bend/modify the bracket currently used to hold the regulator (just a couple tabs I believe need to be bent away) and relocate it to the side of the bike

You will need to sort out the harness, its tight, I managed to get enough length out of it by undoing a lot of the harness and relocating it over the valve cover. It was a track bike so I didnt care about esthetics. You may not like the result, therefore you will need to lengthen wires possibly.

Good luck, its time consuming but worth while mod. Massive brain fart by suzuki.

before I sold my gixer i moved it, just drill and tap a hole or two in the frame, (#7 drill, M6 tap) and bend/modify the bracket currently used to hold the regulator (just a couple tabs I believe need to be bent away) and relocate it to the side of the bike

You will need to sort out the harness, its tight, I managed to get enough length out of it by undoing a lot of the harness and relocating it over the valve cover. It was a track bike so I didnt care about esthetics. You may not like the result, therefore you will need to lengthen wires possibly.

Good luck, its time consuming but worth while mod. Massive brain fart by suzuki.

Thanks for the reply. Did it give it better airflow ? I've read a lot about this being a common issue on these older models, but to think that its happened to other people that have literally changed it 2 years consecutively is pretty bad lol.

honestly I had one track day after the mod, then sold the bike. It was a track bike the entire time I owned it, which meant it never sat in traffic, was always moving, and never idled in the heat with a rad fan pushing hot air on it.

So I cant answer your question, it was just something I did to add assurance I wouldn't get stranded at the track because of a failure.

I've used the stock mount and relocated it , ive made a bracket with the stock mount.

I've replaced mine at least 2x already. Suzuki has changed the rectifier design slightly, its the same part number but looks slightly different according to the dealer. This should've been a recall. But so far so good with the latest design of the rectifier. I haven't had to relocate mine. My bike has a bout 60k on it now.

I never owned a Suzuki but I did own a Honda Cbr F3. I was replacing the R/R yearly. After some research I order a gsxr 1000R/R cut the harness off and soldered the wires together. I relocated it underneath the tail section for more airflow and never had an issue afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I've replaced mine at least 2x already. Suzuki has changed the rectifier design slightly, its the same part number but looks slightly different according to the dealer. This should've been a recall. But so far so good with the latest design of the rectifier. I haven't had to relocate mine. My bike has a bout 60k on it now.

yeah it was just unfortunate that i just changed it last year and it just fried this year around the same time. well i dunno if it's oem that they (speedworx this time) ordered but its black instead of the grey one so hopefully its "better" than the previous model i had. i'm waiting for the bracket i ordered from ebay, the link in my first post. it doesn't hurt to relocate it to the side, i see the wires just chillin' between 2 hot spaces makes me cringe lol. getting some new rubber on my bike this wednesday so while i'm at it i'm also getting the coolant changed. Will do the spark plugs myself when I have the airbox out to relocate the rectifier.

Back
Top Bottom