Having a tought time getting a insurance company | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having a tought time getting a insurance company

smashervt

Hey everyone. I am having some trouble getting an insurance quote for my bike.
I have a 2003 Vulcan 500 and I live in Brechin Ontario(east side of simcoe). I have 3 tickets ( two speeding tickets and a red light ticket that will expire in May).
I have had my M2 since May 2016 and before my current bike i had a cbr 250ra. Also did the Course.
If anybody would be able to help that would be greatly appreciated.

Age?

That, coupled with the 2 tickets, is probably the issue - did you have your CBR insured before the latest ticket, and were the tickets ON the bike?

Depending on your age, you may be into facility insurance. Any broker can get you a price. It won't be cheap, but you shouldn't have trouble obtaining insurance.

I am 21. And none of the tickets were on motorcycles. I had to pay $350 a month for my motorcycle so I am looking for cheaper prices.

Your age and tickets is what's killing you. I don't think you're going to get much of a break until those tickets come off your record unfortunately, but the key with insurance is to call around - start with the big brokers like Dalton Timmis and such - you need someone to shop you around to as many underwriters as possible.

And lastly, yes, you CAN always get insurance (as was mentioned) through facility, but it will not be cheap.

So you've had a m/c license for 15 months and racked up two tickets before that and a red light. 4 years of full G license?

What did you pay on the CBR?

I would hate to think of what your rates would be if you were riding a sport bike and lived in Brampton.

Facility, to me, carries a stigma that may cost you in the long run. You may be asked if you have ever been denied insurance.

Why not pack in street riding and do track for four years?

1) You get to push the limits

2) You will save enough over the four years to buy a really sweet bike

3) Your tickets will be off the record

4) You will be out of the under 25 class

5) You will have picked up awesome skills.

6) You get to do crazy things in a responsible manner

7) You can post your Gopro clips without fear of arrest

When i got my first car I wanted to get manual and I screwed up gear changes and got scared and rolled casually through a red light. That was my first ticket on my second day of owning a car haha. I guess I will just save the money for the Ural I am planning on bringing from Russia. Don't know what it will need but it doesn't matter.

I would hate to think of what your rates would be if you were riding a sport bike and lived in Brampton.

Facility, to me, carries a stigma that may cost you in the long run. You may be asked if you have ever been denied insurance.

Why not pack in street riding and do track for four years?

1) You get to push the limits

2) You will save enough over the four years to buy a really sweet bike

3) Your tickets will be off the record

4) You will be out of the under 25 class

5) You will have picked up awesome skills.

6) You get to do crazy things in a responsible manner

7) You can post your Gopro clips without fear of arrest
*30 is the new 25.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When i got my first car I wanted to get manual and I screwed up gear changes and got scared and rolled casually through a red light. That was my first ticket on my second day of owning a car haha. I guess I will just save the money for the Ural I am planning on bringing from Russia. Don't know what it will need but it doesn't matter.

you know you can get the Ural here locally....no need to bring in from Russia......

http://www.uralontario.ca/

Back
Top Bottom