Grand Bend- August 29 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand Bend- August 29

What layout do you prefer? (Can select multiple)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signed up for the 8th. Emailed paul 2x and asked the office today, apparently no one knows what layout they are running. I just need to know if its regular or reverse layout. Any word on it?

Signed up for the 8th. Emailed paul 2x and asked the office today, apparently no one knows what layout they are running. I just need to know if its regular or reverse layout. Any word on it?

Tried calling 4x to register at different times today... nobody in the office...

I got through but the lady was really surly

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's the Mopar nationals this weekend. They're no doubt swamped with that...

If you couldn't get thru to the office or the girls were a little short it was because we ran the Mopar Cdn Nationals this past wkd- Biggest drag racing event in Eastern Canada and we had a great event with a great turnout, so the office was working their butts off (swamped with calls, emails, people dropping in etc. and getting all the advance tickets sales arranged for pickup, etc.) to try and make it as organized/quick/easy as possible for those coming this past wkd.

Understandable they were busy. Perhaps a checkbox online when you register to say "voucher" instead of CC would save having to call?

If you couldn't get thru to the office or the girls were a little short it was because we ran the Mopar Cdn Nationals this past wkd- Biggest drag racing event in Eastern Canada and we had a great event with a great turnout, so the office was working their butts off (swamped with calls, emails, people dropping in etc. and getting all the advance tickets sales arranged for pickup, etc.) to try and make it as organized/quick/easy as possible for those coming this past wkd.

I've asked Paul to confirm... still waiting on parts, its still doubtful, but maybe with a bit of luck we'll get them all on time

From Paul: "we were thinking we might try reverse technical next Tuesday. we haven't run it yet as a lapping date."

From Paul: "we were thinking we might try reverse technical next Tuesday. we haven't run it yet as a lapping date."

Hmm... That'd be interesting. I'd prefer regular technical or reverse alien purely to compare lap times with my previous days.

Looks like the rain got cleared away and according to the calendar, we will have reverse alien!

Last edited:
Well, Grand Bend was a ton of fun! I think I prefer the reverse layouts especially in the S-bends. The turnout was surprisingly strong given the forecast.

I am getting more comfortable with having the rear tire slide around a little but had a super scary moment where both front and rear slid out in the carousel :mad: Luckily, it wasn't major and I got control back fairly quickly but was very spooky! Speaking of, there were quite a few crashes today. Luckily, nothing too bad but unfortunately my one buddy with his 09 street R6 laid it down coming into the S-bends. Wasn't too bad and damage is mostly limited to body work. He's planning on getting race fairings and making it a dedicated track bike.

Hey Sebi, Good meeting you yesterday.
Was a great time being out at the track again after 24 years away. I was riding the Repsol CBR 1000, just wondering if anyone got any pictures yesterday that they can share?
I have to say that after so many years away from the racing/track riding, it was obvious that the riding community is doing well and has many great riders.
Here's a short video from yesterday. https://youtu.be/-XcQu2NKoz0

Last edited:
Well we were lucky in GB yesterday as I was in Windsor and we got between 8-10 inches of rain from approx 11am till 7pm. Had to take off our shoes to get back into our hotel as the water was a foot to a foor and a half deep in the parking lot. Then had to climb 6 flights to our room because the elevator shafts were flooded. A good portion of Windsors roads were shut down because underpasses were flooded street lights and power was out etc. They even evacuated Devonshire mall as a precaution - haven't seen that much rain fall that fast in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom