Selling bike to the States | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling bike to the States

adrisen

I had someone contact me wanting to buy the bike from the states. Knowing it's actually ******** but I do know someone who sold a vehicle and was successful. If he is legit how do I tell him to pay. I don't want them to be able to retract it and that can happen with PayPal. Certified cheque is actually best.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Just watch how much cash you're carrying. Above a certain amount ($10,000.00 IIRC) the police can seize it as it can be assumed to be proceeds of crime/drug trafficking and the fight to get it back often results in a 50% refund or worse.

Bank to bank wire transfer is the ONLY way to go.
I have bought and sold bikes worldwide and everything else can be hacked, counterfeited or retracted.
Wire transfers can be reversed BUT at least you know, definitively, who you are dealing with.
...and yes, if the total is more than $10,000 CDN you will have to make a declaration to the money laundering police at the bank.

... I haven't tried Bitcoin or other e-currencies yet.

Just watch how much cash you're carrying. Above a certain amount ($10,000.00 IIRC) the police can seize it as it can be assumed to be proceeds of crime/drug trafficking and the fight to get it back often results in a 50% refund or worse.

Not in Canada... or the rest of the civilized world.
US Customs or US police have no problem grabbing your cash.

Bank to bank wire transfer is the ONLY way to go.
I have bought and sold bikes worldwide and everything else can be hacked, counterfeited or retracted.
Wire transfers can be reversed BUT at least you know, definitively, who you are dealing with.
...and yes, if the total is more than $10,000 CDN you will have to make a declaration to the money laundering police at the bank.

... I haven't tried Bitcoin or other e-currencies yet.

So if I do wire transfer. What info do I give the buyer

Discuss telling me he wants to do a bank check or deposit from his bank to my bank but I have to give him my bank account information somehow I'm not comfortable with that

Oh come on please.......... Is this a serious question for the forum? 99%++ this is a scam offer. You've got 6.5M people in the GTA, surely someone here can purchase your bike vs. trying to deal with some some bogus person in the US who wants your bank account info.

Oh come on please.......... Is this a serious question for the forum? 99%++ this is a scam offer. You've got 6.5M people in the GTA, surely someone here can purchase your bike vs. trying to deal with some some bogus person in the US who wants your bank account info.

Sorry that you find a question an issue. If it's and issue for you then scroll on by. It's a reasonable question. I have bought and sold cross border. Just no a vehicle.

Discuss telling me he wants to do a bank check or deposit from his bank to my bank but I have to give him my bank account information somehow I'm not comfortable with that

I think they will need your account number and transit number. I would however check with your bank first and also confirm what information is safe to give out.

When is the potential buyer coming to view, pay for, and pick up the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Hopefully you're not planning on handing over your banking info to a stranger...that would be a short step away from identity theft.

Sell local...take payment in cash...have a friend with you to watch your back.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone you've written a cheque to has your account number and a sample of your signature. The people that work in the bank have even more info and not all bank employees are dead honest.

Back
Top Bottom