Supersport looking Sport-Tourer? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supersport looking Sport-Tourer?

Another vote for the Ducati SuperSport.

Rode the Supersport S at a demo day a little while back... What a great bike. The seat is very comfortable, riding position is like a regular sport tourer or naked bike.
The bike handled very nicely overall, and I could see it being an all day rider without issue.
Not sure a sport touring bike needs a quick shifter, but the "S" has one. As with most quick shifters, if you're on the gas hard, it works great, if you're just doing an average acceleration it's a bit on the clunky side. Not a knock on it, but simply stating my opinion is all.

The bike has a very nice exhaust note for stock. I can see aftermarket systems being very expensive due to the big box under the engine that holds the catalytic convertor etc. Think you'll be stuck with a full system or stock. Slip ons would be useless, as they'd be after the cat box, and wouldn't help increase flow at all.

The style, overall ride and impression of the bike have definitely put it up on the short list for my next bike in the next couple years.

How was the engine?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Ah thats right, they do in fact still make ninja 1000s

Yes, they still make the Ninja 1000. The 2017 has some nice small improvements that address previous minor issues with older models.

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninja-1000-abs

I've got close to 80k on my 2011 and I still love it. At first, my insurance company called it an SS. It took me a week of negotiating to get them to reconsider, but in the end they did.

Good negotiating skills

Good negotiating skills

They made a "special exception" for me. I think they realized they'd also lose our other business if I switched companies for my bike.

How was the engine?

Engine on the SS was very nice. Lots of pep and lower end grunt.
Like just about every Ducati, it doesn't like being much under 4000 rpm.

Like I said, the overall ride and experience really bumped it to near the top of my list of bikes to consider in the future.

Like I said, the overall ride and experience really bumped it to near the top of my list of bikes to consider in the future.
Now just have to see what insurance classifies a bike named supersport

i took the 2016 FZ-10 out last year, and at the time i liked it but i had a few gripes with it... but seeing that some of them are just things i would most likely swap out anyway...i think ide reconsider it.
i never checked how it is insurance wise...seeing that i can i probably should lol

i really think i want to keep my SS and get a cruiser, not sure if i really want sport touring or not...

I have been looking to upgrade to a 600/750SS and insurance is quite steep (750 is only $5-$6 a month than a 600). I thought I'd check out the FZ-10 insurance for sh!ts and giggles. The fz-10 was only going to cost me $180/month in comparison to $285 for a 600! This makes absolutely NO sense to be as the FZ-10 is MUCH more of a powerful bike with lots of low end torque that could get you into some serious trouble. Where these companies are coming up with these rates confuses me. How would a FZ-10 ($15,000 bike new) be over $100 less a month than a $4000 used 2007 gsxr 600? Do they think the FZ-10 is a safer choice than a GSXR600? if so, they are retarded.
Thoughts?

I have been looking to upgrade to a 600/750SS and insurance is quite steep (750 is only $5-$6 a month than a 600). I thought I'd check out the FZ-10 insurance for sh!ts and giggles. The fz-10 was only going to cost me $180/month in comparison to $285 for a 600! This makes absolutely NO sense to be as the FZ-10 is MUCH more of a powerful bike with lots of low end torque that could get you into some serious trouble. Where these companies are coming up with these rates confuses me. How would a FZ-10 ($15,000 bike new) be over $100 less a month than a $4000 used 2007 gsxr 600? Do they think the FZ-10 is a safer choice than a GSXR600? if so, they are retarded.
Thoughts?
Insurance companies go by data, they are essentially blind to anything else, if data says ss bad then ss bad.

Do they think the FZ-10 is a safer choice than a GSXR600? if so, they are retarded.
Thoughts?

People that buy FZ-10's are statistically a lower risk than those that buy SS bikes. Many new/bad riders are so concerned about image, they feel the need to buy an SS even if they have no business being anywhere near a fast vehicle.

For a long time, insurance on blackbirds was really cheap because although the bike was amazingly quick, the people buying them were the old high-mileage guys that knew how to stay out of the rhubarb. As they got old and cheap, younger people started buying and crashing them and insurance climbed. The bike never changed, just the riders that self-selected which vehicle they wanted.

People that buy FZ-10's are statistically a lower risk than those that buy SS bikes. Many new/bad riders are so concerned about image, they feel the need to buy an SS even if they have no business being anywhere near a fast vehicle.

For a long time, insurance on blackbirds was really cheap because although the bike was amazingly quick, the people buying them were the old high-mileage guys that knew how to stay out of the rhubarb. As they got old and cheap, younger people started buying and crashing them and insurance climbed. The bike never changed, just the riders that self-selected which vehicle they wanted.

I do agree with your point!

Thoughts?
I checked....the FZ10 is the same price as my FZ1 $840 yr..full coverage

Much truth

With Insurance premiums on Supersports in Ontario extremely high and many ss riders switching to Supermotos, Nakeds and Sport-Tourers, I had a discussion with a few riders the other day on which "Sport-Tourer" looks the most similar to a SuperSport. Sv650s, VFRs, Ninja 650s (2017) we're a among a few that came up.

Which Sport Touring bike do you think ascetically most compares to the average SS?

My vote goes to the Sv650s!

Ninja 1000

Are there any bikes that like being under 4000 RPM that aren't cruisers? Mine will stall if I try to ride below 4k. My 650R would audibly vibrate if you rode below 4K.

Back
Top Bottom