Best machine shop for older bike engines? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best machine shop for older bike engines?

Gord Bush is the guy. http://www.gordbushperformance.com/
He is REALLY busy at this time of year.

I usually replace the guides myself (it is really simple) and get Gord to machine them. Doing that will get them through Gordie's shop a lot faster.
Did I mention he is REALLY busy. I was down there the other day and you couldn't get through the shipping door.
I have a couple of heads for him to do... I suggested christmas time, Gord suggested February.

Just cuz I'm nosy; what is the "old" project?

I usually replace the guides myself (it is really simple) and get Gord to machine them. Doing that will get them through Gordie's shop a lot faster.
Did I mention he is REALLY busy. I was down there the other day and you couldn't get through the shipping door.
I have a couple of heads for him to do... I suggested christmas time, Gord suggested February.

Thanks, he's looking at an xs400

I went with him with to rehone the cyl block and inspect the cyl head of a 1974 cb550. He and a few guys knows bikes like you wouldn't believe.

I bought a set of big block Chev heads off Gordie when your 1974 Honda was a new bike.
I was one of Gord's first cash paying customers in 1975 or '76. I still know where those heads are.
... so yeah, I'm a believer.

Yep, Gordie knows his stuff, but he is getting older and wanting to retire... Have you met his replacement? His name is Jordan. Jordan has been around the block more than once and like Gordie, is a really nice guy... BUT more importantly: a REALLY smart guy.

Never tried them - thanks for the info.

I bought a set of big block Chev heads off Gordie when your 1974 Honda was a new bike.
I was one of Gord's first cash paying customers in 1975 or '76. I still know where those heads are.
... so yeah, I'm a believer.

Yep, Gordie knows his stuff, but he is getting older and wanting to retire... Have you met his replacement? His name is Jordan. Jordan has been around the block more than once and like Gordie, is a really nice guy... BUT more importantly: a REALLY smart guy.

Wasn't everything cash in 1975?

Wasn't everything cash in 1975?
Gord Bush knows those old air cooled motors inside out.He built some of the fastest superbikes around in the early 80's.He built a GS1000 that Art Robbins won a national title on.

Noce!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Gord Bush knows those old air cooled motors inside out.He built some of the fastest superbikes around in the early 80's.He built a GS1000 that Art Robbins won a national title on.

Ahhhhh
Someone that appreciates old bikes.
I have Gordie's last RZ cup bike.
My GS1000 was originally built by Steve Crover, then Stevie Lewis and I freshened it up last year after it sat for 16 years. If you don't know Stevie, he built motors for Lang Hindle... back in those days.
Those were fine, fine motorcycle racing days <<<Use your best Jackie Stewart voice.

Last edited:
A couple of other options that may be closer.

Steffen Engineering in Oshawa is good. A certain Mr. Leitner is there (who was Gord Bush's partner for may years), although Brad is very good himself.

Vance at Precision Cycle in Oshawa is also extremely good and very particular. Expect a little bit of a wait as he is always very busy but that's a good sign. He is a racer himself.

Steve Chambers of Lockhart Machine shop in Jasper Ontario is also highly recommended. 90% of the VRRA bikes in Eastern Ontario probably have a head from his shop.

At one time Gord Bush built engines for Honda Canada (Racing). and if you're older, he also built "Art the dart" Robbins GS1000 sbk. Art challenged the AMA guys for podium positions on that bike.

yea, that was back in the Leitner & Bush days, going way back L & B started in the basement of the Winners Circle on Yonge st building go-cart engines.

Leitner and Bush built Art Robbins bike in this clip.Steve Crover built the bike Reuben Macmurter is riding and the guy that built Lang Hindles bike was a millwright/machinist from Scarborough, cant remember his name.I watched this being filmed standing in the pits at Shannonville.I remember it like it was yesterday.Some great racing back in those days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6AxRBYsgH8

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom