Sportbikes and uphill battles | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbikes and uphill battles

Great thread. :thumbup:

Im having some trouble (reasonably) insuring a Duc 1198s at the moment

27 male, no convictions, no accidents
GM license
M since 2015, M2 since 2013, motorcycle licensed over 4 1/2 years
Have had a couple different bikes insured in the past, but not continuous (had one for a year then sold, had last one insured for 2 years then sold)

Not a homeowner, have auto with RBC (Aviva) - they want $8900
Other prices I'm getting $9500 - $20k+ from Intact, Wawanesa, TD
To my surprise my best price yet is from Facility @ $4900

Anyone have a suggestion of where to look from here? I've still yet to speak with Ron at Dalton Timmins, and Riders Plus..

Great thread.

GM license
Have had a couple different bikes insured in the past, but not continuous (had one for a year then sold, had last one insured for 2 years then sold)

Anyone have a suggestion of where to look from here? I've still yet to speak with Ron at Dalton Timmins, and Riders Plus..
1198cc at 27 years old in the GTA is a tough one. Only thing you have going for you is the 3 years of insurance, but you said not continuous? I'm 28 (GM) and want a litre SS, I was quoted $5500 by Dalton, and M & W. Try Allstate, not sure if they'll insure you at 27 with no house. They didn't want to touch me this year even with a car/house bundle.

Last edited:
Great thread. :thumbup:

GM license

you know your in the GTA when facility is better than main stream underwriters roflmfao :lmao:

Maybe I will get the new fireblade after all and go facility (but not rly)

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I just turned 30 and I’m getting quotes for litre SS bikes around the $2500/yr range. Clean record, Brampton. Full M license for a little over a year now.

Summer 2016, I was getting quoted more than that just for a RC390 lol. 600 SS was in the $4500-$5500/year range.

One perk of hitting the salt and pepper stage I guess :p

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I just turned 30 and I’m getting quotes for litre SS bikes around the $2500/yr year. Clean record, Brampton. Full M license for a little over a year now.

Summer 2016, I was getting quoted more than that just for a RC390 lol. 600 SS was in the $4500-$5500/year range.

One perk of hitting the salt and pepper stage I guess :p

Guess there is hope afterall

30, and full M probably also helped

Wait till you go over 50. Sport bike then comes in just around $350/year. :)
Lmao! Something tells me riding a SS at that age may not be in the cards. Gimme that Harley life.

Dbworld ..
With Allstate?

I can’t recall all the ones I checked with specifically. I think it was through RidersPlus or some of the other well known bike insurers that offer online quotes. TD was similar, shockingly.

Lmao! Something tells me riding a SS at that age may not be in the cards. Gimme that Harley life.

I can’t recall all the ones I checked with specifically. I think it was through RidersPlus or some of the other well known bike insurers that offer online quotes. TD was similar, shockingly.

Everyone knows online quotes dont mean ****, did you ever end up talking to a broker or emailing directly?

Yes, I actually did phone in and email one agent as well. The numbers were consistent. Online quotes have never been a problem for me, enter the information accurately and there are usually no surprises.

Lmao! Something tells me riding a SS at that age may not be in the cards. Gimme that Harley life. .....

I'll never be that old.

No problems riding a SS when it's in action....it's the pain of the hour long run just to get to good roads.

Yes, I actually did phone in and email one agent as well. The numbers were consistent. Online quotes have never been a problem for me, enter the information accurately and there are usually no surprises.
Awesome

I'll never be that old.

No problems riding a SS when it's in action....it's the pain of the hour long run just to get to good roads.

lol 3 hour ride covered in 1 hour, thats how you know you ride a SS ;)

Back
Top Bottom