Sportbikes and uphill battles | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbikes and uphill battles

I'm now 33 and pay ~$700 for my '04 GSXR 1000. I was paying around $1250 previously at State Farm before they jacked the rate to almost $2000 a couple years ago. I'm with Allstate and have 4 vehicles with them (2 bikes and 2 cars) + a home policy.

Well, after 25, the benefits level off. The difference between a 26-year old and a 60-year old is negligible. Your postal code is the biggest factor after age and driving/claims history.

Things you can do:

Live in a nice neighbourhood and your rates go down: Forest Hills > Brampton
Married > Single
Estrogen > Testosterone (but changing this is probably a step too far for most people)
Lol

Sent from my Z957 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

29, policy started at 27, paying $1200 for an 05 RSV1000R in the GTA. Fiancee's car and condo are under the same policy. I have a full M and sparkling clean record.

Had an 08 GSXR750 with the same guys before at around the same price. I don't find this bad because my insurance for a GS500F started at $3000+ when I was 22 lol

I don't know how true this is, but I was going to drop insurance for a year to go track only. My insurance agent told me to keep the bike on theft and fire say I have continuous coverage. Because the cost was negligible (like $250 for the year), I got it. So on paper, I've been insured since 22.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2519451 said:
29, policy started at 27, paying $1200 for an 05 RSV1000R in the GTA. Fiancee's car and condo are under the same policy. I have a full M and sparkling clean record.

Had an 08 GSXR750 with the same guys before at around the same price. I don't find this bad because my insurance for a GS500F started at $3000+ when I was 22 lol

I don't know how true this is, but I was going to drop insurance for a year to go track only. My insurance agent told me to keep the bike on theft and fire say I have continuous coverage. Because the cost was negligible (like $250 for the year), I got it. So on paper, I've been insured since 22.

Yep, if you were standalone that premium might double, but for that bike, even thats not bad.

I pay $720 for an FJR1300, and $1210 for a GSXR1300. I've been riding a long time, married, over 50, no accidents or tickets.

TD was the only place I could find insurance insure the GSXR. They could not explain the difference in cost other than saying supersport classification means it had a higher 'claim profile'.

Well, after 25, the benefits level off. The difference between a 26-year old and a 60-year old is negligible. Your postal code is the biggest factor after age and driving/claims history.

Things you can do:

Live in a nice neighbourhood and your rates go down: Forest Hills > Brampton
Married > Single
Estrogen > Testosterone (but changing this is probably a step too far for most people)

hahaha! :lmao:

I am paying 1010$ for my 04 SV650s 1.5 years on a bike and lost all car driving history due to selling back in 08

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I wonder if all state will do bike + car....or do they HAVE to have a home with it too?

It seems to be the only way to get a liter SS in 2018

I wonder if all state will do bike + car....or do they HAVE to have a home with it too?

It seems to be the only way to get a liter SS in 2018
It was about 2.3k for 600 cc bike + my car insurance for just the two. With my house it's down to 1.1k with allstate

It was about 2.3k for 600 cc bike + my car insurance for just the two. With my house it's down to 1.1k with allstate
2.3k for both the bike AND the car??

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

No, just the bike. Car was on top.
Did your car and home insurance go up or down with Allstate?

I noticed that their motorcycle insurance rates are highly competitive, but their car and home are pricey compared to other insurers.

I noticed that their motorcycle insurance rates are highly competitive, but their car and home are pricey compared to other insurers.
My house was already with them. And even though my insurer said he would usually a bit higher for car insurance it was actually $200 lower. So it was a win-win all around

My house was already with them. And even though my insurer said he would usually a bit higher for car insurance it was actually $200 lower. So it was a win-win all around
That's good. My car and home were almost $500-$600 / year more expensive with them. Bike was $300 cheaper.

I wish Belair insured motorcycles. They certainly have the best car and home rates.

Don't know how true that is.

My fiance was paying nearly double on her car insurance. The AllState guy said that because we were going to put me as the primary, my record would bring down her car insurance. She went from $2500 to $1400. Her record is clean but she didn't start insurance until she was 25; I've been insured since 16.

The house was also cheaper by like $200. She was with TD before.

油井緋色;2527898 said:
Don't know how true that is.

My fiance was paying nearly double on her car insurance. The AllState guy said that because we were going to put me as the primary, my record would bring down her car insurance. She went from $2500 to $1400. Her record is clean but she didn't start insurance until she was 25; I've been insured since 16.

The house was also cheaper by like $200. She was with TD before.
TD is the absolute worse for under 30 drivers. I was overpaying almost $1k a year compared to Belair.

TD is the absolute worse for under 30 drivers. I was overpaying almost $1k a year compared to Belair.

Belair operates in canada? I thought they were only in the US?

My insurance company (The Personal) won't even touch a CBR250RR (the old one) because it's too sporty. But my RS125 that is supposed to be track only is alright for some reason. So is a CBX 1000.

I used to be with BelAirDirect and got great auto rates but then they got too restrictive for me once I got into more interesting vehicles. Nothing over 10 years old unless you started the policy before the car got that old but with a cutoff at 15 years old and no bikes despite the fact that at the time they had motorcycle icons all over their site.

Back
Top Bottom