Bike shaking crazy with windscreen | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike shaking crazy with windscreen

OP, I recall reading that some people on their Shadows had to add "lowers" or fork fairings (idk what they are called) bc they were getting air coming up underneath. But I would start with what was suggested earlier and try and adjust angle or height.

I used to ride a Shadow with a big windshield. I had crazy head shakes (wind buffetting i think it's called) at certain speeds. As Joe pointed out, after I installed the 'Lowers' on my forks all of that stopped.

I do not know if that's the solution for you but it worked for me.

I had the same problem with my dyna , went for one ride with it than put it in the corner of the garage 3 years ago . I bought some good goggles and that fix the problem.

I had the same problem with my dyna , went for one ride with it than put it in the corner of the garage 3 years ago . I bought some good goggles and that fix the problem.
So you bought goggles 3 years after ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

So you bought goggles 3 years after ?

You can read into it what ever you want , I guess what I was trying to get across was that the HD windshield for my dyna was a waste of money. A flat piece of lexan $250 and the frame was another $200, I am totally amazed that harley sells such a piece of **** windshield

When I first read it, I thought you put your Dyna in the corner of your garage for 3 years...

I had that problem too with my Dyna. Stupid quick-release windscreen caused all sorts of unwanted behaviour, especially at higher speeds. So I too put it into storage. Put a National Cycle Flyscreen on the bike, problem solved (a bit). I wear a full face when I'm going on longer rides.

I've gone through the whole windshield process and came to the conclusion, better off without.

A short windshield has less buffing but it concentrates and redirects the wind right towards my head. So it's a relief from my chest but added pressure on my head.

Taller windshield gets tricky as speed increases. With the edge of the windshield just below my line of sight, travelling at highway speeds with an open face helmet, I get buffing at the top of my helmet. Also I feel the void and makes it hard to breath. A ff helmet helps but, the reason I got a windshield was to have a open face helmet.

So I use the small windshield during the fall/winter rides and avoid the highway all together.

When I have to take the 401, i ride with a ff helmet and no windshield. Also the Sena is nice when riding with the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can read into it what ever you want , I guess what I was trying to get across was that the HD windshield for my dyna was a waste of money. A flat piece of lexan $250 and the frame was another $200, I am totally amazed that harley sells such a piece of **** windshield
No I was being serious. You bought goggles after that long and it fixed the issue.

No I was being serious. You bought goggles after that long and it fixed the issue.

Sorry for not being clear on the response, thread was clearly about a problem with a windscreen on a Harley Davidson , I having a similar model Dyna not Fatboy also experienced an undesirable operating conditions with a windscreen. I than removed the windscreen in my own garage and have not used the wind screen since 2014, and immediately (not 3 years latter ) purchased a quality set of goggles to wear ( not installed in place of a windscreen on the motorcycle ) protecting my eyes from the wind when wearing an open faced helmet (would be redundant with full face helmet)

Sorry for the incomprehensible response in the earlier post , I will not let it happen again !!!!!!

Check your steering head bearings!

FattBoyy - that windshield works fine. Note how my turn signals drop down below the lower edge of the windshield - blocking the air that causes the buffeting...

WPkGEIN.png

Maybe its just the ones that I had but I don't recall ever seeing one that the height and angle couldn't be adjusted. I had to spend a lot of time getting mine to just the right spot to stop the buffeting etc.

What's all this windshield cr@p anyway? How are you supposed to enjoy being "in the wind" with a piece of plastic in your face? Captain America didn't have a windshield. Just saying......

What's all this windshield cr@p anyway? How are you supposed to enjoy being "in the wind" with a piece of plastic in your face? Captain America didn't have a windshield. Just saying......
Aren't you currently on a goldwing? Not much "in the wind" there.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom