More Harley (cruiser) reviews | GTAMotorcycle.com

More Harley (cruiser) reviews

bigpoppa

(Again don't judge my writing, my thoughts are sporadic and I try to capture them as they fly away from me)

Out of all the harleys i tested
I can only see myself on two

I liked the fourty eight(Sportster) the most, followed
by the lowrider S

The 48 is very confidence inspring, i liked
everything about it, its light, and agile,
great in the corners, only negative thing,
the suspension, when you hit even the slightest bump
your spine will curse you(I pray this can be remedied with a high quality seat or aftermarket suspension)

This might be because the 48 is 121lbs Lighter(!!!)
than the lowrider S

and 187 lbs Lighter than the fat boy S

I learned today that less weight is ALWAYS better(along with more power)

All the other bikes i tested, while great had some flaws, some had powerful
engines(the 110) but were (as expected)
heavy, and felt as though they didnt really
want to lean over

In addition the pegs/floor boards scraping was a nuisance

Now the bikes..

Fatboy S
-One thing i can say about this,
its got floorboards which were very comfy, although
different from what i am used to
-Its got the 110 Engine, but the funny thing about
weight is that, it not only affects handling and agility,
but also acceleration and power to weight

So even though its got the same engine, it doesnt
feel as punchy as the Lowrider S

-Fatbob
Good all round bike, smaller engine,
comfortable to ride

-Lower Rider S
This seems aimed at the modern day naked bike fanatics,
the torque is crazy good, the power is intense and
hits you hard, only gripe i have is, how
on earth do you use that power when its on a 670 lb
frame(which you cant throw around because
of the weight) that you cant
really lean over either because
the pegs scrape everytime you get to a non
straight section of the road?

Its like the old muscle cars

The things I dont like about harleys (and perhaps
this applies to all cruisers, correct me if i'm wrong)is the weight
and the low ground clearence. While going through
some sweet corners you should be focused on the road,
not worried about scraping your pegs/floorboards or
on rare occasions even your foot

All in all

If you want a cruiser(harley or not) you'd be
better off going with a sportster, you get the
entire experience, from the vibrations, the sound,
the v twin torque, and you'll still be able to enjoy the handling, cornering and agility(this is probably due to the lack of weight,
although the wheelbase and length of the bike might contribute to this also).
If you want something that is perhaps more hooliganish get the Low rider S

**On a side note
(I asked the people working at the harley
dealership if the 48 is a 5 speed or 6..
he said 6..its got 5 gears..i thought sales people were supposed to know the product they are selling...)

Last edited:
I put Progressive 412 on my 883 Sportster, really helped with the bumps in the road. If you go with the 48, check them out.

Really liked my Sportster but I love my Vrod...

Solution: get a Sportster for city/commuting _and_ a Street Glide for touring, rallies, passengers.

Love a v-rod!!!! Best Harley for boulevard cruising and weekend fun.

My Sportster is set up well for 2 up so, won't be replacing it anytime soon.

The 48 is a fine machine.

The Lowrider S is a fine machine.

Thanks for the feedback/review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harley purists? I think it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

When I pull into the local choke'n'puke on Thursday's bike night, it's interesting on the responses I get. Lot's of positive comments from everyone but the the bagger dudes, they hate it. Well, they hate every bike but a bagger...

When I pull into the local choke'n'puke on Thursday's bike night, it's interesting on the responses I get. Lot's of positive comments from everyone but the the bagger dudes, they hate it. Well, they hate every bike but a bagger...

That's because everyone hates a bagger but a bagger guy. Owning one is like having an ugly girlfriend with great assets.

Saw my first Harley 750 street rod in person today. Really liked the looks. It had dealer plates and the guy riding it told me to pop in to Barrie Harley and I could take it out. I don't see me owning a 750 HD anytime soon but I might just go take one for a ride.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Saw my first Harley 750 street rod in person today. Really liked the looks. It had dealer plates and the guy riding it told me to pop in to Barrie Harley and I could take it out. I don't see me owning a 750 HD anytime soon but I might just go take one for a ride.

Is the 750 street rod the same as the 750 street? If so, tbh, I like the look of my Shadow better. The Shadow looks like it wants to be a Harley, and I'm ok with that. But imho the Street looks like a Harley that wants to be a Honda. (if that makes any sense to anyone besides me)

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Is the 750 street rod the same as the 750 street? If so, tbh, I like the look of my Shadow better. The Shadow looks like it wants to be a Harley, and I'm ok with that. But imho the Street looks like a Harley that wants to be a Honda. (if that makes any sense to anyone besides me)

You should try the lowrider S joe ;)

Last edited:
I am itching to try out the roadster...cant believe i missed it, supposed to be one of the best handling sportsters

All cruisers have weight and cornering clearance issues. It's built into them, you can't avoid it. That being said, if you ride said cruiser in the manner they are intended and near the posted speed limit scraping pegs/floorboards is a fairly rare occurrence.

It may be different in the tight streets of the city core, but most Harley riders I've encountered in my 20 yrs of riding regard all Sportsters as "beginner bikes", a "poor man's Harley" or a "Harley for the Mrs." Personally I believe if you like a bike you tell everyone else to pound salt if they don't like it, but since Harley riding tends to include riding with other Harley riders be prepared for the ribbing.

Having tested a few Harleys over the years including a Sportster, I would personally go with the Fatboy out of the bunch. I didn't have any trouble tossing that bike around even at slower speeds. It is a pig (no pun intended) to move around in a parking lot or your driveway, but once moving I find them fine. The Sportster's suspension is just awful. I hate the idea of spending $12,000+ on a new bike and needing to drop $$ on something like suspension on day 1. The 48 is a limited use bike. Between the ergos, crap suspension and tiny fuel tank, it's a bike for bombing around on a nice day, but not for going very far on. If you aren't planning on any multi-day trips or even extended day trips then you'll probably be happy with it. If you're considering extended day trips etc then I would suggest going with the Lowrider at the very least. You can keep it all slick looking for rides near home, but throw a set of saddle bags on it and your ready for a night away. Plus you get the nicer engine, way better suspension and no ribbing for riding a Sportster.

No. Two different bikes.

via Tapatalk
Ah, thanks.
I guess I have to see it in person. The pics don't look great. Also looks small. Or every pic has a tall rider.

Ah, thanks.
I guess I have to see it in person. The pics don't look great. Also looks small. Or every pic has a tall rider.

Yep. Street 750 vs street rod 750. They are small but remember by harley standards these are beginner bikes. I'd gladly own an xr1200r.
a59b06c4ea713cf21f11427e5519105a.jpg
206e5a5125fd6cc287b78204f36cd642.jpg

All cruisers have weight and cornering clearance issues. It's built into them, you can't avoid it. That being said, if you ride said cruiser in the manner they are intended and near the posted speed limit scraping pegs/floorboards is a fairly rare occurrence.

It may be different in the tight streets of the city core, but most Harley riders I've encountered in my 20 yrs of riding regard all Sportsters as "beginner bikes", a "poor man's Harley" or a "Harley for the Mrs." Personally I believe if you like a bike you tell everyone else to pound salt if they don't like it, but since Harley riding tends to include riding with other Harley riders be prepared for the ribbing.

Having tested a few Harleys over the years including a Sportster, I would personally go with the Fatboy out of the bunch. I didn't have any trouble tossing that bike around even at slower speeds. It is a pig (no pun intended) to move around in a parking lot or your driveway, but once moving I find them fine. The Sportster's suspension is just awful. I hate the idea of spending $12,000+ on a new bike and needing to drop $$ on something like suspension on day 1. The 48 is a limited use bike. Between the ergos, crap suspension and tiny fuel tank, it's a bike for bombing around on a nice day, but not for going very far on. If you aren't planning on any multi-day trips or even extended day trips then you'll probably be happy with it. If you're considering extended day trips etc then I would suggest going with the Lowrider at the very least. You can keep it all slick looking for rides near home, but throw a set of saddle bags on it and your ready for a night away. Plus you get the nicer engine, way better suspension and no ribbing for riding a Sportster.

Meh i don't really care what the harley crowd says, out of all the bikes i rode(sportsters, dynas, softails) The sportsters were the most confidence inspiring, agile, and best able to handle the corners, Yes the 48 does have bad suspension(in the sense its hard on your tailbone) but if you can easily fix that with an aftermarket as someone suggested im all for it. i suppose if your young or in shape, you can ride any bike any length of time

I didn't realize until yesterday how important that is in a bike, a bike that inspires confidence in you, and begs you to push er a little farther, a little faster

Its a pity i didnt get to ride the roadster(messaged several dealers about that, lets see where it goes) its got the best suspension, brakes and ground clearance out of the bunch.
If I do get a sportster it will have to be the roadster, im not a complete beginner, but honestly the things i like about the sportster, i will probably like even after 10+ years of riding

I didnt really push the bikes(I just like to lean the bikes over ;) ) but they were regularly scraping pegs on intersections at right turns (even the lowrider s)

But yeah, the only harleys i liked were the sportsters and the Lowrider S

Back
Top Bottom